Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The '04 prerunner will be hitting 230K next week and I can't handle the harsh ride anymore. I just ordered OEM level KYB shocks to install on the corners. My question is, "what else should I replace at this mileage as far as suspension components?" Gotta be some bushings, etc, that are at the end of life by default at this mileage. Any expert advice is appreciated-

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree! My 02 Taco has been riding really rough the last few months and it too is right there in mileage with yours. I'm still working on it but so far I have replaced the rack&pinion bushings, tie rod end bushings, and sway bar bushings. I think I spent no more than $50 getting the bushings at the local auto store, And let me tell you, the ride is amazing!!! I probably would have spent upwards of $250 if I didn't do the work myself!... and Its like driving a whole new vehicle! This week I am supposed to be getting new coilovers from Amazon, as the bushings on them have been worn to a nub. Being in Albuquerque is rough, but all the roads in this state are hella brutal regardless of what direction you are going. Best of luck to you friend...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts