Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dent that goes through the door , cab corner , and the bed on the bottom body line. It isn't a solid streak , but skips every few inches. On the bed , it looks like the dent moved the panel in a little bit and the transition between the cab and bed isn't straight , or is it like this from the factory. I tried to look on the driver side to see it was the same , but i can't tell. You can stand back and see the panel is off. If i took the dent out with a hammer and dolly , will the panel pop back out , to match the cab. The top part of the panel on bed matches the cab until about half way down were it starts to move in.

Thanks For the help,
Dirk

·
Registered
311 Posts
From what you described it sounds like the header panel on the box may be bent a bit from the force going against the box side. Try to jack up the truck on that side, (always use jack stands or blocks) and get a trouble light in there looking toward the front you may be able to see some deformity in the forward panel. If all else fails the box can be removed quite easily, four bolts and the tailight wiring just need to be removed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts