Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 taco and i want the back to get lower. if i de-arch the leaf springs do you think that the frame will lay on the axle. ive seen some tacos with this done and it does not do this but maybe my truck will be different. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to go as far as i can. its stock height right now. and the space between the axle and the frame is like 8 inches so i want to go as low as possible until i have the money and time to step notch it,bag it, and 4 link it. i think if i take out the bumpstops and use your method with the rubber i should be fine if i de arch the springs. i might be able to use a block too.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
No need to dearch the springs. Read some other posts on here. I have 4" blocks, pulled the middle leaf out and fliped the helper leaf.

·
Registered
103 Posts
how inches would u get if u just remove the middle leaf and leave the helper leaf (loading leaf) alone? can u do it like that or u have to flip the helper leaf?
thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
dude dont dearch 'em. Unpack the leafs and use a mono leaf with like a 4 inch block. You dont want to heat up the leafs...itll make em snap faster than anything I know. You can also buy a lowered set of leafs from Chassis Tech for like 125 bucks

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
I got about 7" with a 4" block, middle leaf removed and helper leaf flipped. Flipping the helper gave an extra inch. You do not have to flip it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey I got a 2001. What I did was run a mono leaf along with a 4 inch block and a 1 inch block. Alot of people say its not good, but its been like that for about a year now with no problems. Its gonna have your leaf angled the other way, so be careful I guess. Also what I did was relocate the hanger INTO the frame. This also gave me alittle more drop. Maybe some of this will help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
when i pull the middle leaf spring and leave the helper spring the way it is(not flippin it), is there a possibility that the regular leaf could snap since the middle leaf spring is not there?

thanks

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
As long as you keep the short(helper), you should be fine. Never heard of that combo breaking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts