Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im currently running on a 5/7 drop. balljoint flip and belltech lowering springs up front and middle leaf and 4 inch steel block in the rear.

after i installed the prerunner fenders. i noticed i have a lot of room to tuck bigger rims and wheels and i have a huge gap between the fender and wheel. so i wanna drop some more in the front. i plan on cutting the springs but dont know how. i wanna go an inch lower so does this mean i have to cut an inch of the coil.do i use a dremel? and do i cut the top or front?

·
Registered
688 Posts
If you really want to cut them, then make sure you don't use a tourch. It will weaken the spring. You could take them to a machine shop. That metal is very hard.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
check out AIM's website they make 3 inch springs, but that will put you at a 6 inch drop up front, have fun cause it will be harsh, but damn low, got to pay to play:waytogo: I was at a 6/8 once with 17's, let me tell you, I went back to stock, now after a year of healing, i went down to a 5/6 on 19s, feels somewhat better

heres the link you want:
http://www.airbagit-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=93570

they will rape you on shipping and their customer service sucks major a$$, I suggest you post in the wanted section here to see if anyone has any they want to get rid of

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Firdaddy said:
you have a 5/7 and you still have wheel gap?:selfbonk: you runnign 13's?:looney:
it was fine when i had the 2WD fenders with the 17'' rims, but after installing the prerunner fenders i noticed a big difference. theres like about a 3 inch gap. i wanna drop it maybe 2-3 inches more. but it wont even out in the back and my leaf spring is already almost hitting the floor. mann i think ima just save up for some bags:doah:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
noelsmykuya said:
it was fine when i had the 2WD fenders with the 17'' rims, but after installing the prerunner fenders i noticed a big difference. theres like about a 3 inch gap. i wanna drop it maybe 2-3 inches more. but it wont even out in the back and my leaf spring is already almost hitting the floor. mann i think ima just save up for some bags:doah:
haha 2-3 inches more up front hahaha....yeah save up for bags, the lowest is 6 inches up front and after that you will regret it, you will be too damn low....stick with your 5 inch drop and leave it the way it is and save up to bag it or just get 19's and it will look perfect

·
Team Canada
5,122 Posts
take your fender off and see how much of a gap you have between the inner fender and the wheel well. If u dont have that much, cut the fender out!

·
ct stalker
3,540 Posts
Are all 4wd fenders the same? When I had 99 4wd fenders on my 96 I swear the wheel opening was larger then the 4wd fenders that came stock on my 02.

Maybe it just me :looney:

BTW Don't ever cut springs

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The gap depends on your tire size. With a 225/40-18 when switching from 2wd to 4wd fenders my gap got like 1" bigger. It would take a 5/6 to tuck tires all around on my 99.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts