Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering bagging my 2001 taco and I was wondering if I have to cut out the front inner fendersto tuck the tires? The truck has 17" fwd wheels on it with 205/40/17 tires. I have been told that I have to cut them out but I was just wondering if anybody else has done a bag set up and had to cut theirs.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I've got mine cut out... it looks like it has to be done in order to lay frame. If you don't cut them out, you might lack about 1/2" to lay it.

D

·
0 Posts
Does anything have to be relocated or can you just section out a peice of the fender? Have you had any problems with your ball joints breaking?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
No, I haven't had any trouble with ball joints... in fact, I haven't had any trouble with anything whatsoever.

I just cut out a section right above each tire. Everything that is mounted to the fenderwell is still mounted there. It was pretty trick how everything happend to be mounted just outside of where I needed to cut. When I remember to bring my photo disc home from work, I'll slap a picture in here for ya.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's, the picture would be greatley appreciated. What size line, valves, and bag's are you using?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Pic 1

Here's a pic of the passenger side cut out. You can see how everything is still mounted in it's original place. The driver side is basically the same, but there's so much crap mounted over it, you can't even see it... I put another pic to show you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Pic 2

Here's pics of both sides... like I said, there's so much crap mounted over the driver side wheel that you can't even see that it is cut out. Everything is mounted just like from the factory... the cutout portion didn't have anything mounted on it. Turned out pretty nice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Air lines, etc.

I'm running 3/8" air lines, 1/8" valves... It's not real fast, but it's a lot faster than 1/4" lines. I've got the easy street big bore kit... I think you can see it at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.airliftcompany.com/easystreet/bigbore.htm>http://www.airliftcompany.com/easystreet/bigbore.htm</a>

The pic I've attached is of the gauge mounted in the dash, and the switches are mounted in the door armrest. It's a pretty clean setup, if I do say so myself. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Air lines, etc.

Thanks for the info, I'll post pic's whenever it's finished (who know's when that will be).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts