Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Taco, and I wanted to know if anyone knows of a shop or aftermarket company that makes or will make a custom hood? Any help would be appretiated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
unless anyone can prove otherwise, i've been looking for a while and no one has made any type of a/m hood for the Tacoma, any year.

D

·
0 Posts
how bout a whole front clip of the 4runner with the hood with the scoop

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Seems to me like that orange Taco has a custom fabricated hood... which seems to be the only way to get a custom hood.

As far as a 4Runner hood, you have to swap out the whole front clip in order to get everything to line up. This is a cool mod for a 2000 and older Taco, but I would think the newer Tacos would look better by keeping the newer grill and hood.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I dunno..I disagree. I still don't like the new 2001-up grill/headlight style. I think the grille looks way too big. I kinda like the 4Runner front ends, although it's a lot of work to switch them out.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Yeah, well... I'm not too fond of the new front end, either, but I'm just saying that it would make a little more sense to do the front end swap on the older tacos. I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to get few extra $$'s out of the new front clip if you were going to change it out.

D

·
0 Posts
There is a company that makes fiberglass hoods for tacomas , they are in the 4x4 mags , try picking up a mag and looking through it. It looked liked the hoods for the 4 runners with the scoops , made they make it for the taco.

Hope this helps.

Dirk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx 2 evrybody 4 the info. I think It's hella tight there's finally a forum where we can exchange ideas etc...all in the name of goin faster and or lookin betta!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Glassworks unlimited and Showdown Accessories make hoods for the '95 - 2000 Tacoma. Glassworks ahs one that looks like the 4Runner hood,a nd Showdown has a cowl hood.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Showdown Accessories....Troutman, NC 28166.....Phone (704)528-5321......Fax (704)528-5745.....Danny Schafer, Manager.....He was selling the hoods for $399....I have attached a couple pics of what his hood looks like on a Taco.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts