Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week after I got the truck back, while I was sitting at a red light, I noticed a small crack up in the tinted area of the windshield by the mirror. Well, I didn't think it was anything to worry about, but now the crack has grown to 6" into the drivers side of the windshield. Could this have been caused by the wreck, or possibly because of the faulty seal issue?

Just trying to see if I can get it replaced under warranty because of factory defect or with the insurance from the wreck.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
If there are no signs of an impact on the windsheild and it's just a stress crack the dealer should warranty it, in theory, but in theory communism works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A couple of days ago, I was sitting in my truck and the window just cracked from one end of the defrost vents to the other. It was about 35 degrees out and my truck was fully warmed up when this happened. I have an 06 taco with an extended warranty, would it be covered under warranty. I don't have windshield insurance. If it's not covered, does anyone know how much it would cost to have it replaced at the dealership? It had the Toyota Theft Deterrant numbers etched into the windshield.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i got a nasty 15inch crack in my winshield to... a rock flew up on the highway, it happened like 5 months ago i dont even notice it... im gona get the windshield warrantied ( its a stress crack ) try it the least they can say is no...

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
Mine is cracked from one end to the other. It started out as a small rock chip at the bottom so I had the windshield drilled and supposely fixed. IOne mourning, I turned the defroster on high when it was cold outside and it split from one end to the other.:brickknoc

·
Registered
19 Posts
A week after I got the truck back, while I was sitting at a red light, I noticed a small crack up in the tinted area of the windshield by the mirror. Well, I didn't think it was anything to worry about, but now the crack has grown to 6" into the drivers side of the windshield. Could this have been caused by the wreck, or possibly because of the faulty seal issue?

Just trying to see if I can get it replaced under warranty because of factory defect or with the insurance from the wreck.
did you replace the windsheild after the wreck?

if so then it could be road debry that started it, cracks grow... i had a little one in my jeep and no its across the entire windsheild:(

or derby from the wreck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I went to the dealership today and they found a chip where the crack is so it's not covered under warranty. I have to pay 275 for a new one.:brickknoc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts