Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running cooper tires H/T ? if so what size and how do the wear and are they worth the money?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm runnin' the cooper stt's and I love them. I don't know what the H/T's are. I think theya re like the mix between the muds and all terrains. If so, they just had a recall on 'em a while back. Spend the extra dough and get the stt's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 03' doublecab came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires and they are just a highway or road tread tire. They were great on the highway, but they are not at all of off-roading. I'm sure the Cooper Discoverer H/T are comparable to the Bridgestone H/Ts. I have used Cooper tires before and they are very good tires.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My family members have cursed the cooper tires they've purchased.:lol: So, I've never bought any. They travel alotta dirt roads, though. Out in the mtns where few venture and from where no one returns.:silly: Sorry, must have been the movies spiketv had on last night.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

·
Registered
413 Posts
my boyfriend has Discoverer ST's on his dodge, I think their 33's and they wear really well for how heavy and how fast the truck is... we were thinking of puttin a set on my toyota

·
Registered
497 Posts
I know this thread is older than dirt....but I thought I'd chime in and mention that I have the 31x10.50x15 Cooper Discoverer H/T tires on my Tacoma.

I just bought the truck a week ago and these tires were already on it. They had about 200 miles on them when I got it, and then I put another 2100 miles on it in two days, and they were great on the highways....smooth and quiet as can be.

I doubt they'd perform all that well off-road, but they do run nice on the road.

JMTCW.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check into Hankook tires. We have 35's on our '05 Access Cab PreRunner 2x4 with the 2.7L. They don't sing and with the Fabtech 6" lift kit, it has zero bump steer. I'll post pics t'night.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well with all the information, I dont go off road much but i do like going to the mountains. I Still just dont know. I am leaning toward the Mich ross terrian 275 55 18 but the only thing that keeps pushing me back to cooper is the freakn price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts