Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to replace my radiator, but does anyone have toyota part numbers on what i should replace exactly. im looking at replacing the radiator, upper lower hoses, thermostat and if there is a gasket, that too. and of course coolant. i was looking at getting everything at my local toyota dealership parts counter.

99 3.4 w/o prerunner aka 5 lug not a turbo

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
I'm confused ... If you're planning on purchasing the parts at a Toyota dealership, why do you think they won't have the parts numbers?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seems there are multiple part numbers when i searched, and i wanted to see if anyone can help by taking out the guessing game part of it. im trying to avoid getting the incorrect part since even the dealership parts counter guys arent really up to speed on correct parts....kinda like oreilly auto parts counter guys.

man, those prerunner, sr5, base 2wd w/o prerunner etc there are so many varaibles it seems. not tryna be a post whore, if i have a burning question i post it or ill forget it, im old. ha!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
OK then ... Here (attached) is all I've got. The thermostat and any gasket(s) aren't individually listed in my 1995.5 - 2000 parts list.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK then ... Here (attached) is all I've got. The thermostat and any gasket(s) aren't individually listed in my 1995.5 - 2000 parts list.
hmm so confusing because the part numbers i found after researching are different from the ones on that parts list.
CE594CCC-062B-40BD-A8E3-7DF32D2FFFA6.jpeg
this is what i found

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
Toyota sometimes changes part numbers as years go by, when they replace an old part in inventory with an equivalent newer one.

That may be what happened with the upper hose. However ...

You selected the wrong radiator. The radiator you posted is for a 4WD Taco.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
The OEM radiator for your '99 5VZ 5-lug automatic is now discontinued. It's right there on the City Toyota parts listing under the part number I posted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
amazing, i called the dealer and the replacement is 16410-AZ050 for the radiator but they want 217 with tax...if you order on the dealer parts website its 137 plus tax

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i reused the old side mounts. the new ones were a pain in the ass...mounting tabs were not fixed.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
Glad to learn you got it all sorted out ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts