Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get to the bottom of my earlier DJM question. I asked earlier if bottoming out would be a problem if installing the DJM 3/3 or 3/4 kit. In response I got two totaly different answers, some people said theat they bottomed out all the time (at least 5 times a day) and there were other replies that said they couldn't bottom out even when trying. WHATS THE DEAL? Does it have to do with shocks? I need some answers before I spend the money to get the kit. I don't wanna get the kit and then not be able to drive it comfortably.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
When you buy the DJM kit, all you're really buying is the components to lower the front. It only comes with blocks to lower the rear, so there are several variables that contribute to the ride quality. For instance, you could remove leaf springs, change shocks, cut bumpstops, etc. If you're worried about getting the kit because of the rear setup, it's not that big of a deal... you aren't doing anything to the rear that would be easily altered or reversed. Heck, if you go with a 4" block and decide it's not what you want, you can spend $20 and get a set of 3" blocks... or maybe even swap someone straight across.

With the kit, you'll have a 3" drop on the front, no matter what. But you don't actually change any of the suspension geometry, so you retain ALL ride quality in the front.

My advice: go with the 3/4 kit and leave your leaf springs in tact - it will level it out and you will have all the same ride quality. Sure your rear axle may bottom out from time to time... but I what do you expect - you're lowering your truck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts