Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will stock coil springs off a '96 taco 2.4l fit on my '99 2.4l. i don't have my original springs and i'm about to order the DJM kit. i need the stock springs or i'll be to low- i have drop coils

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
Yes, they will fit. No such thing as too low. Keep the lowered coils and lower the rear to level it out. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks slamdtaco, i'm not as brave as you man, your low. i screwed up and missed the auction on ebay where i found the '96 springs. another question for you, you said keep the drop coils........i plan to order the DJM control arms and bj flip kit...my coils are belltech and i think they are a 2 1/2" or 3" (they were on the truck when i bought it from a friend). control arms, bj flip and drop coils......i'm not as brave as you. bj flip and control arms = 3", + another 2 1/2" or 3"............ is this how your truck is setup?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry to bug again Jason, but do you have the DJM control arms or just stock arms with b/j flip w/spacers? if stock, is this application workling good for you? oh ya, how bad is your camber? thanks

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
stock a-arms. been this way about 2 yrs. no problems. alignment is fine. very little negative camber

1 - 7 of 7 Posts