Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im ready to install my cnotch and bridge..i was wondering what the brake brake thing is where im supposed to cut the notch...help..easy on me guys
bj

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
That is the brake proportioning valve. If you type that into a search or BPV you will get a number of threads that discuss how to remove or relocate this.:waytogo:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deadmaggot6 said:
im ready to install my cnotch and bridge..i was wondering what the brake brake thing is where im supposed to cut the notch...help..easy on me guys
bj

excuse me the bpv valve ...thanks though

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
deadmaggot6 said:
bj
You want locate the center of the notch right above the axle, especially if its a round notch. This will give you the most clearance. Measure it up, tack in the notch, make sure its all square and weld in the sides. Once that's done weld in the top portion, cut out the frame you don't need and then weld in the lower part.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
chris i dont know but i dont think he needed help on the install of the notch i think hes wondering where to relocate the bpv.

ok maggot now some remove the valve and put in a t fitting and join all the lines to the fitting. that or you could unbolt it from the frame push it aside for now. put in your notch. then remount the valve in front of the axle and make sure you have enough clearance up and down. Also make sure you dont crimp any of the lines. make sure that the rubber line is not at all stretching whether aired up or slammed. So you dont break that line and have no brakes whatsoever. If you keep the valve dont undo the brake lines going to it, So you dont have to worry about bleeding the brakes later.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
minis_r_us said:
chris i dont know but i dont think he needed help on the install of the notch i think hes wondering where to relocate the bpv.
Yea I read it quick and didn't really grasp what he was asking.

Just mount it at the front of the notch if you decide to keep it. I just removed mine and ran a single line instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts