Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on my 96 Taco when i am accelerating and get about 3000-4000 rpm in 3rd or 4th gear my truck starts to slip, and the check engine light comes on..the shifter starts shaking pretty bad and it seems to not rev and pull like it does at lower rpm...i bled the slave cylinder because i thought it was the clutch....it didnt work...
anyone have any ideas or heard of this problem???:shrug:

·
Registered
14,487 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I agree with the high rpm misfire. Could be worn out plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, probably not the coil. Check all of those things.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,677 Posts
Do you get the same effect at around 3000 - 4000 rpm in 1st or 2nd gear? .... :thinking:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just replaced the plugs 2 weeks ago...i might try some new plug wires....and it does slip in all gears...

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
When your clutch slips..it'll slip in every gear, when your gettin on it.The RPM's will raise, but your truck won't pull. A manual tranny can't "slip", it's all gears.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
steller199 said:
help me out here guys.....what would be the best thing to do now?
Before you do anything else, find out what the trouble code for the CEL. Slipping clutch won't set a light. You may have a misfire. If thats what it is, the computer will tell you what cylinder it is on.

example p0301 cyliner 1 misfire detected, p0302 cyl2 and so on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts