Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a burnt out light bulb in my '06 Tacoma climate control. I couldn't find the bulb in any auto parts store or electronics store so I went to the dealership. They didn't have it and would have to order it. $11 for the stupid little incandescent light bulb, and there's two of them in the unit. $22 is a little steep for me. Anyone have a better source for these bulbs? How about LED alternatives?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, exactly what I need. Might as well order enough to switch my entire cabin over to LED.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Thumbs up for switching all the interior lights to LEDs, i'm almost fully converted, I just need a cigarette lighter light and a glove box light.

·
Registered
377 Posts
http://autolumination.com/74.htm here ya go take your pick i use the very first ones in super whites

I got a number of different bulbs from that site and they were all too dim. (dome, reverse, a/c panel, and car trunk). The one for the A/C knob may as well have not even been in there. It was just slightly better than no bulb at all. Returning all of them. Their service has been good so far though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What bulb is it for the climate control on second gens ? Thanks
I have a burnt out light bulb in my '06 Tacoma climate control. I couldn't find the bulb in any auto parts store or electronics store so I went to the dealership. They didn't have it and would have to order it. $11 for the stupid little incandescent light bulb, and there's two of them in the unit. $22 is a little steep for me. Anyone have a better source for these bulbs? How about LED alternatives?
A bit late on this thread, but I just had much better luck than going to the dealership. Found some on ebay by searching "climate control dash light tacoma"

I got the black base ones.

Took one out, replaced it. Appears to mach color and brightness.

Heard bad things about LEDs. Stick with incandescent. This reply may not help you directly, but could for another with a 2005-2011.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A bit late on this thread, but I just had much better luck than going to the dealership. Found some on ebay by searching "climate control dash light tacoma"

I got the black base ones.

Took one out, replaced it. Appears to mach color and brightness.

Heard bad things about LEDs. Stick with incandescent. This reply may not help you directly, but could for another with a 2005-2011.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts