Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Trenz billet grill for my 02 Taco 4x2 reg. cab. Unfortunately my Taco came with the black grill surround and i'm afraid the billet grill won't look good with the black surround. So now i want to replace it with the chrome one. How much will the dealer charge for the chrome grill surround? Can i find a better deal elsewhere??

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I don't know how much the chrome will cost from the dealer but another option is to take to a body shop and have them color match the grill surround for the rest of your truck. My truck came stock coler keyed and I think it looks great and would probably make your frontend stand out!

Good Luck!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the same grille on my 2002 and i also plan on changing the entire front end to chrome and polished billet top, bottom and side to side. i got a quote on all the parts i need for the change online (i cant remember the site off hand) and if want them just let me know. the parts are about half the price of my local dealer, and i insist on genuine replacement. i also have a question for you when you get your trenz grille insert can you please let me know if it does infact extend out to those two triangles next to head lights or is it just the center piece? thanks...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 01 xtra cab and found the billet insert in Mini Truckin mag. You can order the whole assy. chrome grill and insert for $385 and the billet insert for the top is $130 and the bottom is $115. Not to sure what you paid but this is the only place I found it. Then again I haven't really looked any where else. Hope this helps you.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Don't forget that the very edge of your parking lights on the side are color matched to the grill! iT would suck to buy a chrome grill and have the black left over from the stock on the corners!

good Luck and the trenz grill does cover the two little holes on the sides. I have the grill at my house but haven't had the time to do the installation! I want it IN!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you get around to doing it take some pics of the install, the tech section of this site needs a new article.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as fas as I know those "small sides" weer hand fabbed on the tacos u se in the mags. Either that or they used the ford explorer grille inserts instead .. I think there was a mixture of hand fabbed ones and the peeps using the explorer ones .. either way I do not believe you can buy them just for those two side parts of the grille.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I just installed at trust me TAKE IT SOMEWHERE! You have to die grind your existing grill out and make just enough room for the new Trenz one. I would have taken it somewhere now that I know what a pain in the a"" it was! It does look good and does cover all openings on the grill. It makes the front end look much smoother, and tougher I guess. I am pissed because I put a couple of hefty size scratches on my painted grill which will take some time to get out!

Good luck, i should have pictures up shortly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts