Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
I was going through an old hard drive and found some older pics..

Here are a few pictures of the different crap I blew my money on with the Taco.. :waytogo:

Day 1

First mod.. Be cool Billet.. :lol:

Clear corners, body paint matched bug deflector, mirrors, lower valance and door handles..

Hyundai Sante Fe wheels w/eBay stick on toyota caps

Shaved tailgate, shaved rear under window horizontal body lines, body matched rear bumper, solid rear window swap, red/clear tails, EGR in channel window vent visors

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
(Top Picture) ball joint flip front, 3" blocks ) (I hated the way it handled)

(Bottom Picture) unflipped ball joints, 2" Belltech drop spring, rear 4x4 leaf springs with 1 leaf removed using the stock mini's overload. (night and day difference)

Few months later, I customized the bed side.. :D

The Aftermath.. :D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/PentastarTurbo/tacoma/Videos/fauk.jpg

I got sick of chrome in general, so for now, I rattle canned over the chrome stuff, painted the clear corners trim and tinted the bumper turnsignal lights thanks to my95truckito (sp?)

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
detailed everything behind the grill with some paint to clean it up..
before

after

A few months later I found a new old stock body matched grill.. blacked out the emblem..

Tried a hand at eco modding for fuel economy, dumped some weight on the truck, bought some lighter wheels.. 13.9lbs each.

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Tried mocking up some wheel skirts for the rear for shlts and giggles.. :D
Duct tape bitches.. :lol: Best fuel economy I pulled out of it was 34mpg.. I could get about 36mpg out of it if I took the project further..

It was a fun project.. I challenged myself and it was pretty fun.. It had it's own thread.. :waytogo:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108887

Decided to move out of Nazifornia..

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Now that I'm out of that state, I can actually make money..

Got some ACA HID headlights..

Got some different wheels.. 17x8 +22 offset.. I ditched the mudflaps after I got home)

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Then I got the truck all straitened out.. added a 4x4 front valance and had it all painted the way I wanted it..

I swapped in some QA1 coilovers up front with 8" length springs 565# rate..
I modded the lower control arms and installed the StreeTacos.com lower QA1 adaptor..

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Oil change.. Oops

went with a stock unpainted 4x4 valance for a while..
I redid the front suspension (ball joints, tie rods, brought it down a little..

redid the valance again.. sold the ACA headlights and retrofitted some stock headlights with some G1 bi-xenon hid projectors.. painted all of the headlights chrome for a subdued look...

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
tekstyle tonneau

As it sits today..

Bought a daily driver to move the mods further on the Tacoma..

cheers.. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
The latest is the greatest. That billet grill was just plain awful... My oh my man, my opinion of you has gone down after I saw that.

what he said:funnyup:. looks really good now, i think it's the only non blacked out truck i have ever liked ....... all that show and no go no power plans ? oh and what did it cost to get a good paint job and body work done

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to really hate the stock grill, it reminded me of an old Mercury..

I used to do billet on all my trucks back in the days..

Tried it, went back later..

I had the state of MN pay for my paint job,
I tossed in a little for the body work.. :)

I'm stacking go parts up in the closet,
I'm looking forward to a bit more push.. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
hey chris, how did you paint the front grill silver like that? what kind of paint did you use? also how did you prep it? cause i wana paint mine black and want it to come out good not too glossy though

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey chris, how did you paint the front grill silver like that? what kind of paint did you use? also how did you prep it? cause i wana paint mine black and want it to come out good not too glossy though
Go get a.can of black plastidip.. Spray can stuff found at home depot..

Works great, youtube it...

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm about 4/4

I have 2" drop spindles goin up front..
I plan on bringing the coilovers up 2" so it sits about the same height, maybe a little higher..
I want the steering geometry back n wack.. Seems like anything lower than a 2" drop and the bump steer really becomes noticable.. At least to me it did.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts