Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up guys. If you guys want a cold air. me and some friends took a civic intake and a 3 inch hole saw. I already had an intake from el prototypes. I drilled the hole through the top of the wheel well make sure you get it in the right spot. then you just add the civic intake and you got a cold air attachment.

Peace

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
I did the same. I took out the windshield washer bottle and made that hole big enough for the intake to fit in. The filter was right below the metal and surrounded on all 4 sides with the bottom open. I recently removed the cold air extension though. It was VERY dirty. My wheel wells are cut out and it stays cleaner sitting right above the the tire.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine sticks out under the bumper for that ram air effect. I cut the hole almost right under the passenger headlight. It works good. I'll try to get some pictures out to you guys.
Peace
Tacomaracer

·
Registered
760 Posts
if you look at slamdtaco's civic intake on his taco and jeff's tacoma intake it's almost identical. the major difference is the price.

you can get a tacoma intake for a hundred something. or get a new civic one and alter it a little, for $20.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
It's just a piece of pipe. I had to cut it for it to be the correct angle. That's it. It also had 2 places to connect the hoses from the stock intake. It was for a 96-99 or 00, whichever it is, civic dx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts