Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
center cap\'s

I have 17" ADR nengun wheels on my 01' taco and I can't figure out a way to get the center cap's on the front wheel's. The wheel's have a 42mm offset and are FWD style. The dust cap is in the way and I have already tried pounding it in. Does anyone know if there is a company that makes dustcaps that aren't dome shaped? I am thinking that if the dustcap was flat instead of dome shaped I might have better luck.

D

·
0 Posts
Re: center cap\'s

just pop off the dust caps, the center caps on the wheels will cover up the bearings so you won't have any problem. Its what i did and i have a 2001 taco with 18" konig caffeines.

·
Registered
953 Posts

I put aluminum spacers on my front wheels so I could use my center caps. If you go to the 2wd section and look at the "painting calipers" section, you can see that I just painted the dust cap before I found out about spacers. You can get a pair of spacers at any discount auto parts store for like 8.99. You may need new lugs (bolts) as well, depending on your wheels. I didn't tho

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

How long have you been running them that way? I was told that if I did that,water might cause damage. The streets where I live often flood in the winter time. So I have to drive in about 3-4 inches of water.

·
Registered
953 Posts

So far, only six months, but I haven't noticed any difference in its ride. What kinda damage do you think I should keep my eye out for?

D

·
0 Posts

As long as you keep the grease on them you should have no problem with the dustcaps being off but if you decide to use the spacers you must get a alignment because it will push the rim out and add camber. I had the spacers on mine and found out i should have got an alignment after i wore the inside of my tires, but i took the dust caps off and got rid of the spacers and havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
953 Posts

I'll keep an eye out, but the tires are looking great and the ride is just as smooth as before the spacers. My truck isn't dropped tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts