Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My center caps were jacked last nite. any ideas on how to secure then without ruining the rim. The dealer wants 55.00 each to replace them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
Re: Center caps on stock wheels

I believe the 2005+ Tacos use the same spring-loaded clip-on center caps as previous Tacomas. I don't know of any way to make the OEM ones 'permanent' without glueing them in place ... :thinking:

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts

damn people. you might be able to drill and tap a hole in the backside, if there's room, and run a screw in. but you'd have to remove the wheel to remove the center cap.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts

dropthattaco said:
damn people. you might be able to drill and tap a hole in the backside, if there's room, and run a screw in. but you'd have to remove the wheel to remove the center cap.
I suppose that could be done, but ... I don't like the idea of drilling holes in my wheels. Also, I'm not sure what it would take to get a drill into the cramped area of the center hole ... :thinking:

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
You don't want to us epoxi on the rims, you could break the center cap trying to remove. :D

Also the drill idea is the only one I can think. But you will need to drill the rims off center to be able to unscrew the center cap from behind the rim.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
How bout this idea?, epoxy a small flat hexhead machine screw to the back side of the cap measure for lenghth to get machine screw just beyond the hub cut a small piece of galv sheet metal say 1-2" wide and have it span the width of the hub area drill a hole for the screw to go through and secure with a nut. neat and clean. :waytogo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts