Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CD player in my car is acting like a punk. When ever i turn it on, my speakers just make this popping noise and no sound comes out, but my subs sound just fine and hit the bass notes. After about 10-30 seconds the sound comes in but sometimes it fades in and out. I checked the connections and it all looks good. Is this a sign my CD is going down the crapper?

D

·
0 Posts
who makes your cd player and your amp, and what kind of wires are going from each. what is the power rating on all your stuff too them maybe i can figure it out

·
Registered
16 Posts
try rewiring your speakers again if they are just connected to your deck and not the amp. (your subs sound fine because they use the rca output) maybe the gauge of your wire is too thin (if your still using the stock wires). or try hooking up some spare speakers to see if it still does the same thing. by the way, thats a nice amp you got, PPI is the best

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The CD player is a Pioneer, and the amp is Precision Power. I'm using regular speaker wire from the CD player to the speakers, it's 16 gauge i belive. The power wire to the amp is 10 gauge. I know this is not the best, a 4 gauge is better, but my amp is under my passenger seat, which is only about 10 maybe 15 feet from my battery. My subs sound just fine though, it's the door speakers that are acting up. I will re-wire the system today after work and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts