Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Custom made at the muffler shop. Not sure what brand the muffler is. I just told them I wanted quieter than a flowmaster. It has a nice low rumble. Sounds great.

D

·
0 Posts
i have flowmaster 40 series with 2.5' in and 2.25' out with the offset inlet than it exits via 2.5' in triple chrome anle cut tips.. man it sounde great its nice and loud but not too loud but it does drone a bit

·
Registered
760 Posts
i had a magna flo until it messed up my o2 sensor. it sounded like a flo master. if you got the ca$h i would go with a borla if money is an issue get a dyno max super turbo it's chamber and not as loud as the flo master. it's got a sweet mellow tone to it. not to mention it carries a life time warranty.

D

·
0 Posts
i have a glasspack not a cherry bomb that goes straight back with a 5 inch resonating tip i like how it sounds a lot louder and lower sounding than those rice rockets

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a glass pack with a regular tip....sounds great, little loud though. I had it on the dyno it seems to have lost a little power compared to a performance muffler ...still like it though !

·
Registered
13 Posts
The aluminized cat back system. It has a good sound and I picked up some gas mileage with it. Got it from Stylin Concepts for $239.00.The only problem is with a 3/4 drop it bottoms out on the axle.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I, too, have a Flowmaster 40 series. After I had my truck notched, I had to cut off my exhaust right before the notch. Well, I recently got the exhaust fixed..the only possible solution was to run it UNDER the axle. Don't worry, we left enough room for the axle to travel down, though. It was either that or run it out between the leaf springs and the frame. Anybody else done this? Am I crazy?

·
Taco Fiend
486 Posts
no not crazy as long as your suspension is non adjustable. but i ran mine through my four link bar and my frame and it exits between the wheel and fenderwell of the bed. The only prob is that the tire throws all sorts of road crap on the chrome tip in affect sand blasting the damn thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts