Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does TRD or anyone else make a cat back kit for the 2.4L ? I know TRD makes one for the 3.6L but I have the 2.4 :( .

·
Registered
282 Posts
TRD does make one for the 4 cyl.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I think I saw one for the 2.7L..I'm guessing (take it for what it is) that the 2.7L system isn't much (if any) different than the 2.4L system.

Has anybody tried this?

·
Registered
149 Posts
TRD does make one but the cheapest I've seen it was 450.00. what a rip off. Are you looking for sound or performance?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You are always going to pay more for the stainless steel systems like the TRD. I had a Flowmaster system designed and installed for $200 cash. Just need the headers now.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to improve the sound of my truck with a cat-back but I don't want to lose any power/torque. After installing the flowmaster system did you notice any negetive changes?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did a flomaster catback on my 2001 and noticed a slight power increase. I did notice a substantial sound improvement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I used a 2 chamber flowmaster and dumped the pipe right after the mufler. It's pretty dang loud if you ask me. It really helped power in the higher RPM ranges but actually hurt it a little on takeoff. But, mines an automatic too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have heard from people in the honda sceen that the iceman intakes work very well because they are made of plastic not metal and the don't let the air inside the intake heat up as much. That's just what I've heard, can't speak from experience or anything.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I've heard that, too, but if you figure how quickly the air passes through there...my question is: how hot can it possibly get if it moves that fast?

Something to think about...

D

·
0 Posts
I have the Gibson on my POS 93 Ranger 3.0L V6. It was under $200 and I bolted it on myself. The quality is good, 2 1/2 inch piping, sounds mean, and comes with a nice chrome tip. The one thing about the gibson is that it clamps together the piping instead of bolting it together.

Personally I would still go with the TRD exhuast, that is if money is not a consideration. A stainless steel exhaust will never rust, one less thing to worry about. I also think the quality of the welds on the TRD exhuast are very nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts