Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hit the rev limiter yesterday and the car died immediately after letting go of the throttle. I tried to start it back up and it would not start unless I gave it some gas. That didn't solve anything, as the car died again when I released the gas. My truck would not idle. So, after hours of searching, we figured to just increase the idle speed just so that I could make it home. That worked, but what could be the root problem? There seems not to be any vacuum leaks...:shrug: Fuel filter maybe? Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the CEL didin't go off at all....

i was thinking.....maybe the K&N filter at its best again....??

as for the tps, i'll check on that. thanks!

·
Registered
14,485 Posts
might wana also check the connection to the maf... if the maf is unpluged it acts liek that as well or if its not inlibne of the air stream .. like my intake tube poped off the turbo once and it woudlnt start becasue of it:doah: if your still having probs unplug the maf and try to start it a minimum of 4 times.. after the 4th time if th maf is bad the ecu will just ignore it basically and start normally

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
have you cleaned the maf lately? I have a tps sensor thats brand new I am wanting to part with if you need it or anybody. sell it for dealer -20% let me know

·
QA1 Founding Father
4,471 Posts
you think maybe perhaps the mechanical part of the idle air control valve could have got stuck when he hit the limiter.. it was pretty loud when he hit it..

oh and im gonna have to take responsiblitiy for the mishap.. :brickknoc

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try pullimg the intake tube off and shooting some carb cleaner into the IAC hole in the throttle body to break up any carbon deposits inside the IAC valve. It will be a b*tch to start back up for a moment but will pull the cleaner through the system. You can also try litely tapping on the IAC with a hammer or what ever you can get to it with. But don't kill it. If it's the IAC one of these should work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts