Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the pro's and con's of a Tacoma Bolt-on Reverse Cantilever 4-Link from candospecialties.com

many mini truckers ive met told me this is the way to go for a good bagged daily driver.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
pros- installs less than 30 minutes, will get u lower than regular weld on 4link, doesnt needs bags, it has its own mechinism (dont ask, unexplainable), only tools needed is a 14mm wrench and a sledge hammer, you dont have to cut a hole in your bed, but you'll lay body with a little trimming.

cons- none! this is the sliced bread of minitruckin! god himself couldnt have enginered such a better thing.

·
Registered
580 Posts
TheBeachCruiser said:
pros- installs less than 30 minutes, will get u lower than regular weld on 4link, doesnt needs bags, it has its own mechinism (dont ask, unexplainable), only tools needed is a 14mm wrench and a sledge hammer, you dont have to cut a hole in your bed, but you'll lay body with a little trimming.

cons- none! this is the sliced bread of minitruckin! god himself couldnt have enginered such a better thing.

um sorry bro but some of your cons are a little wrong.. it has to have bags for it to raise or have any movement unless you want it on the axle all day. and you'll have to cut a notch and do alot of trimming to lay body..

but that kit is the best easy out kit on the market if i still had a factory frame i would use it for sure. if it was out when i was originally doing my first setup i would have gotten it for sure no questions asked.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k from the looks of it this kit must be pretty good. k i got the 4 link down. what step notch do i have to get. 8 inch? and airbags, slam specialties? firestone? etc. and 7 or 8 gallon tank? mann i dont know anything about this. i just got into a welding klass a week ago so i can learn how to do my own stuff. well as much as i can because im on a budget

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
ya get a 8'' notch. i have firestone bags and i love them. but i have heard alot of good things about slams. they are alot stiffer bag so that makes them alot less bouncy. so if your not running shocks up front i would recomend slams. and if this is your first bagged ride, the bigger air tank the better! just make sure you have enough compressors to support your tanks, so your not running them all the time and blowing them up.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i had the 2nd setup steve ever built...he made the jig off of mine but has since improved the design....i have nothing but praise for this setup....i put 11k miles on mine and i drove it daily....the current owner is still rockin it on the truck......i loved it and if i was buildin another taco with a solid axle i would buy it all over again...but i am not...irs all the way

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
TheBeachCruiser said:

how can this get lower than a regular weld on 4link? :looney:

·
Team Canada
5,122 Posts
TheBeachCruiser said:

hes being retarted.

all of that is a joke.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i would recomend slams i had firestones on first and switched to slams and will never go back ride is better plus you get a little more lift with them. i would recomend going with at least 10 gallons and 2 firestone 337 compressors or 2 az's (i have 337's but changing them to az's when i get it closer to driveable). an 8' notch will work as long as your not going to do anything over 20's.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I used to run 4-ply contitechs but I just switched to slams HE6 in the front yesterday. So far I am ver impressed and probably won't go back to anything else. I also run the can do 4 link kit and would reccomend it.

I also just replaced my 12 gallon tank with a 5 gallon on one AZ and I like it so much better. I have had bags for some time now though, so I'm not really switch happy anymore just lift up and drive now. I'm putting a bottle in this weekend so I can play a lot at shows and stuff though.

·
Registered
868 Posts
TheBeachCruiser said:

hahahahahahaha

that physically made me laugh.

lay body with little trimming. great sh!t

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I am dropping my 04 prerunner d-Cab soon and was thinking of going with the 4 link set up but i don't want a bag the rear,, just coils,, what do you guys think??, i have wrought about this in 2 threads before but it just gets ignored, i got my taco new with full intentions of lowering it i could of got the Srunner but i wanted a Double cab and i have found a up to 4 inch drop for the front, now i am thinking of going with this kit for the rear, i will be sending my 18x9 BBS rear wheels to get widened to 18x11 and would like to run a 295/45/18 or a 315/40/18 in the rear and a 18x9 wrapped by 265/45/18 up front,,, I need some advice,, why do people just ignore or make fun of tha fact that i want a double cab lowered taco ? :shrug: maby there haters :thinking: maby because i am not white and i am Cherokee :eek:

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
h2oplaydamian said:
I am dropping my 04 prerunner d-Cab soon and was thinking of going with the 4 link set up but i don't want a bag the rear,, just coils,, what do you guys think??, i have wrought about this in 2 threads before but it just gets ignored, i got my taco new with full intentions of lowering it i could of got the Srunner but i wanted a Double cab and i have found a up to 4 inch drop for the front, now i am thinking of going with this kit for the rear, i will be sending my 18x9 BBS rear wheels to get widened to 18x11 and would like to run a 295/45/18 or a 315/40/18 in the rear and a 18x9 wrapped by 265/45/18 up front,,, I need some advice,, why do people just ignore or make fun of tha fact that i want a double cab lowered taco ? :shrug: maby there haters :thinking: maby because i am not white and i am Cherokee :eek:

Way to pull out the race card:waytogo: Hey if you want to do that stuff great, There are easier ways to acheive what you want. Not to mentioncheaper. Why not listen to some of the guys here and stop being such a retard about it. There is enough knowledge and people here to help but if you keep pissing people off no ones going to help you.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
tacoturbo95 said:
Way to pull out the race card:waytogo: Hey if you want to do that stuff great, There are easier ways to acheive what you want. Not to mentioncheaper. Why not listen to some of the guys here and stop being such a retard about it. There is enough knowledge and people here to help but if you keep pissing people off no ones going to help you.
I was only jokeing about the race card :silly: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Mr. Pessimistic
2,189 Posts
h2oplaydamian said:
The reason you dont get any answers is because to run a coil setup to drop your double cab would require a completely custom mounts for the rear axle. It is not something that I can just say use trailing arms from a chevy suv and coil buckets out of a wrangler. But if you want to drop your truck with coils or coil-overs you need to look at the suspensions of vehicles that have a solid axle and that type of suspension. Then you need to have the parts custom made to mimic the other suspension. Thus done. As for cost, expect from 3k to 5k. Now if you did a search of IRS you would find that there is a vendor for about 5k makes a IRS bolt in rear for the 4x4's/Pre-Runners that has disc brakes and can be made to whatever ride height the driver wants. Best of luck...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thank you my CT brother :waytogo: ,,, it will cost me $300 for the axle flip kit and i have two compressors and 4 bags at our shop that some guy from south of the border that did'nt speak English ordered and payed for then had a very bad accident and never woke up :eek: so,, i have air bag kit now ;) ,, i help run a custom car audio and video shop and we do a few lift kits , and lowering, ( changing coilovers) but no 5 linking... :thinking: just not sure what to do to get the best in handling out of my taco, looks like ill be flipping the axle,, Thanks my CT brothers:waytogo:

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I have a custom reverse 4 link already installed on my 04 Taco can I take all that off and still get the Cando bolt-on kit installed still. Anyone have pictures of the kit installed.... also how would you know your pinion angle is correct & where does everything bolt on to?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts