Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
If it was so unique and top notch, good call on discontinuing it..
That doesn't make any logic..

I never actually heard of anyone running your sim come to think of it...

Were there issues with it?

I'm sure I could figure a simulator out, but at 60+ hours a week I really don't have time.. I work on fine circuits and do micro rohs compliant soldering/troubleshooting..
I run his. Quality built stuff, so easy to install, that the wife did it for me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
First of all you dont know taco's very well. That picture is 96-04 style 02 sensor, and yes the the 05+ taco's have the direct screw type. 2nd off I currently work at a cooperate Toyota (s)tealership,and have worked at several used car stealership . Stealership is a stealership. They are all the same granted the cooperate ones cover there ass better with fine penmen ship and silver tongues. If you have any brain at all when buying a new vehicle you would buy a vehicle that is 1 year old from a private party, due to a vehicle loosing MOST of it's value in this time period, and stealership always have higher prices on anything used due to something called overhead.
I didn't make this thread to start a pissing match with a uneducated know it all with a blank check build on a 2011 who doesn't even change his own oil. i started it to help out some other broke a$$ collage kid with making a sim that actually works. dont get me wrong i support urd products 100% my trucks filled with them , working school and paying rent it hard \ so please no more arguing and let's start innovating new things on our trucks, look at ricer sentra /honda forums everything already been DONE with full tututorials pics steps part numbers, that can be applied to the taco world which i have already proven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\\

That picture above is wrong, ours are bolt on...
And you need to get off your high horse about the dealerships, They are not there to rape you. Just trying to make an honest dollar like the rest. If anything they try and rape warranty work since it doesn pay worth a damn. And btw you pull crap like that eventually your dealership gets audited and if it makes it through the audit without failing poeple get fired immediately after. And that doesn soudn like an automaker dealership, sounds like a side shop, which in fact are hit and miss..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
I have driven over 500 miles , mostly freeway. no codes at all There is one problem i am having!!! My trucks AFR's when cruizing down the highway are 14 to 1 . either my AEM 02 sensor is bad or the sim tells the ECM there is alota oxygen in the stream and my OEM wideband is using these numbers to calibrate a richer mixture. I was suspicous of these number so plugged my tail pipe to a 5 gas analizer and she reads 14.7;1 on the afr screen while my guage reports 14:1. what would you trust aem's crappy 02 sensor or a 5,000$ five gas analizer ??

i might pull the sim out and see if my afr change , has me worried IF my aem guage is \\ that far off ????????????

there is no telling what it is after all i have done to my truck.... probly just a crappy aem wideband sensor that isn;t even 6 months old . .... i 'll report back with some scan tool numbers/ data of the rear 02. i make a video tonigh of scanner data

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
It's good to have guys like you on this site santos. I'm almost never on anymore, but appreciate seeing threads like this where your **** is dead on. I'm calling you out on this, put up pics - if not of your truck, then of mine and show how the car knowledge outside this forum can contribute. Pm/txt/email me about making it look like there's a cat under there. I've been too lazy to deal with it but driving it as much as I am now, I think it's time to cover my ass. I never gave a crap about the cel and have had no issues passing smog - I am still running a stock ECU just with a piggyback until some money falls from the sky lol.

p.s. - are you guys f'ing serious about cops using alternative means of checking under your car for functioning cats?
Take a stock cat, gut it, then weld it in place. Problem solved....

First of all you dont know taco's very well. That picture is 96-04 style 02 sensor, and yes the the 05+ taco's have the direct screw type. 2nd off I currently work at a cooperate Toyota (s)tealership,and have worked at several used car stealership . Stealership is a stealership. They are all the same granted the cooperate ones cover there ass better with fine penmen ship and silver tongues. If you have any brain at all when buying a new vehicle you would buy a vehicle that is 1 year old from a private party, due to a vehicle loosing MOST of it's value in this time period, and stealership always have higher prices on anything used due to something called overhead.
I didn't make this thread to start a pissing match with a uneducated know it all with a blank check build on a 2011 who doesn't even change his own oil. i started it to help out some other broke a$$ collage kid with making a sim that actually works. dont get me wrong i support urd products 100% my trucks filled with them , working school and paying rent it hard \ so please no more arguing and let's start innovating new things on our trucks, look at ricer sentra /honda forums everything already been DONE with full tututorials pics steps part numbers, that can be applied to the taco world which i have already proven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL you sound like someone I used to piss off that got the eventual perma ban here on CT. Dude Im not to argue, well I am if your going to post missleading information. Which dealer you work at here in the valley? I know a few of the techs throughout the dealers here. And no the dealerships arent out to screw you, at least not in service.

Sounds like you only deal with the sales side and thats a whole nother story. I worked at the number two west coast MB dealer that is local here. Sure you have heard of it, Schumachers. We were never out to screw a customer over on service work, **** they just dropped the rates of A and B services. If anything the Techs are getting screwed.

Now if your referencing up selling tire rotations, balances, dif services, plugs, tranny services, or other add on repair work to the R.O. then you have much to learn about being a tech. I assume you dont from the way you talk about dealerships, seems more like you, as most, hate salesman which is duely justified. Most of them suck and are roothless... but there are ways around that as well. Nothing wrong with buying a fresh car off the lot, if your not looking to use it as an investment, no when to say yes, and shop around.

As for your 02 reference, one poster suggested you tap into the 02 sensor by drilling it out blah blah blah but said you couldn because it was that type o2 sensor. Your info says you have an 05+ so you did indeed post the wrong o2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Take a stock cat, gut it, then weld it in place. Problem solved....
well i was talking about the CEL code for no cat and supporting another ct'zens ideas, plus i would want it to look legit without actually putting a gutted cat in line in my 3" piping. Otherwise i could care less about my current situation as it's temporary anyways.

·
Registered
403 Posts
well i was talking about the CEL code for no cat and supporting another ct'zens ideas, plus i would want it to look legit without actually putting a gutted cat in line in my 3" piping. Otherwise i could care less about my current situation as it's temporary anyways.
Mike feel free to hit me up we can take care of your with a lil old school hook up without wires. since mine is all stock we can play with yours haveing a 3" exhaust

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
i know like argue bra, we all have opinons about dealership's , its like talking about obama. lets talk abot siming 02 sensors. my sim works on a 2000 toyota tacoma but it causing a it to run at 14 to 1 AFR, while not under boost

santos take some pics of the simple setup i dont know how to fab metal so wasnt a choice

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know like argue bra, we all have opinons about dealership's , its like talking about obama. lets talk abot siming 02 sensors. my sim works on a 2000 toyota tacoma but it causing a it to run at 14 to 1 AFR, while not under boost

santos take some pics of the simple setup i dont know how to fab metal so wasnt a choice
whats going on I got a 03 dlx2.4 I want to DELTE cat cause of all the hacking going on I seen it’s 4 wires then 2 wires going to sensor ?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts