Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
ok guys spending over $100 for a lil thingy or re wiring your sensors for a 420 code is crazy.a simple $5-10 fix and a few mins will correct the problem

go to auto zone or any auto parts dealer and get the "help spark plug foulers" 2 of them they sell singles and sometimes doubles just get whichever as long as you have 2 of them total. P/N 42002

get a 1/2 drill bit and open up 1 of the foulers that way the senor bug fits in it. join the 2 foulers together put it back in its location on the exhaust and put the sensor on then your done should take 20mins total

I have done this many times to many cars that i have had catless without any issues/cells.
for those local if they would like me to make them a testpipe and add this feature it can be done no problem. and still look like you have a cat ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's a post cat o2 like any other. It still gets a reading it just isnt in the direct path I have done this on several cars different makes n models n works fine. I can personally make a test pipe on my stock rz n make the o2 bracket n not pop a code if there is a calling for it

·
Registered
403 Posts
Proven? Using false signals to keep things in order? That's like the NSF calibrator I see guys running to trick the maf and that's tuning.
There are a lot of things taco guys are behind on in the performance side of things and trying to help save the headache an $ people are speccing unwisely
Just sharing my own experience

·
Registered
403 Posts
Gotcha. Still, replacing a sensor with no cat=same result. :thinking:
but if you have a good sensor and remove the cat wouldnt you like to keep it good with a $20 fix and a little time or spend $100+ for some simulator?

all im trying to say is tacoma guys need to get there hands in and figure things out stop letting this shops pick and choose what can be done with your truck.

i see the same mods left and right urd, paradise etc. i know there isnt much to choose from but what you can get made or figure out go for it. that is the only way the taco scene can grow is with blood sweat and more blood.

ever wonder why honda has such a big following? well over the years people were innovative with new ideas and way to get things done from Tuning ROMS on the stock ECU to you name it.
the sky is the limit boys lets roll those sleeves up and get cracking

·
Registered
403 Posts
well i was talking about the CEL code for no cat and supporting another ct'zens ideas, plus i would want it to look legit without actually putting a gutted cat in line in my 3" piping. Otherwise i could care less about my current situation as it's temporary anyways.
Mike feel free to hit me up we can take care of your with a lil old school hook up without wires. since mine is all stock we can play with yours haveing a 3" exhaust

1 - 9 of 9 Posts