Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 18x9 wheels on my truck with street tires. I am considering putting a 3" lift on the truck. My question is can I use these same wheels and put some different tires on? I have tried finding a pic with a setup this way but no luck. My concern is how will this look consdering these wheels really dont stick out at all. Should I consider a spacer to get the wheels out an inch or so?

Attachments

·
Super Duper Tundraholic
10,196 Posts
4drTACOMA said:
My question is can I use these same wheels and put some different tires on?
Yes you can. What kind of tires are you looking at? AT's, MT's, Radials.....

With a 3" lift you should be able to fit 265/65/18. What size tires are you running now? What kind of lift are you looking at?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Havent really looked into what type of lift yet. I pull a trailer quite often though. I cant remember what size tires I will have to look.. I just wont them to stick out a little past the fender if I lift the truck which is why I mentioned the spacer.. I dont want it to look really narrow from the front. Suggestions? Or pics of a setup like this

·
Super Duper Tundraholic
10,196 Posts
Well if you pull trailers a lot, then I would suggest AAL's for your rear lift. For the front, you have a choice between spacers or coilovers.

Figure out what kind of tire you want and then as a last resort consider using a spacer.

Anyways, if I were you I would sell those 18's and get a smaller size wheel like a 16 or 15 cause there are more choices of tires in those sizes.:waytogo:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Here are the specs on that Dubcab:
2004 Tacoma
Mods: Daystar 2 1/2" lift, Mazzi Hulk 22x10 chrome wheels, 305 Nitto 420S Tires, Altezza tail lights, billet grill, Pioneer 7500 in dash dvd/cd/mp3/tuner head unit, 7.2" fold down tv, K&N COld Ait Intake, line x bedliner.
NEW PICS!!! SAME WHEELS JUST BIGGER AND 420S NITTO RUBBER!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those specs are not for the setup in the pic. I found the profile on it. I am pretty sure those specs are for his new setup. I believe those wheels are 18x10 but I dont have a clue as to what size tire?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, there is no way those are 22s.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What if I used the same wheels I have now and put 1.5" spacers all around? What size tire should I go with?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might consider it if there was a way to drop it. I would only want a few inches though because I pull a trailer often

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
you can and its been done and the kits about $300.00 it should drop ya down to stock mini hight!:waytogo:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
sorry maby i was wrong about the price but just flip the rear, cut of the bumper stop spacer on the frame and you could also use 4-runner front drop coils, mutch cheeper- they fit the tacos but no ajustabilty as the coilovers for over $350:waytogo:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts