Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2004 toyota tacoma 2.7L 4 Cylinder. I currently have 4 inches of body lift and 2.5 inches of suspension lift with spacers and shakles. I really want to run bigger tires. I am currently running 285/75/16 and they are TOO small for me. Will the 37 inch tires fit? I willl probably regear sometime in the next 6 months after I get the tires will this work???

·
Registered
201 Posts
i think TacomaJake or someone like that put cut outs on his taco and has 7inch of lift, he said before he puton the cutouts they rub but he is pretty sure they wouldnt now you go with cut outs or some fiberglass beds and i dont see why you wouldnt be able to run them..

you gunna need 5.29 with 37s or else your 4 banger will be screaming for its life

·
Registered
201 Posts
brost said:
i think TacomaJake or someone like that put cut outs on his taco and has 7inch of lift, he said before he puton the cutouts they rub but he is pretty sure they wouldnt now you go with cut outs or some fiberglass beds and i dont see why you wouldnt be able to run them..

you gunna need 5.29 with 37s or else your 4 banger will be screaming for its life
i meant he was trying tyhe 37x14.50 toyos i believe hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brost said:

Hey bud thats for the reply but what do you mean by cut outs or fiberglass beds? I really dont want to spend alot more money. but i know they will look sooo hottttt what do you think about waiting 6 months before a gear change?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MikesDoubleCab said:
who makes a 4 inch body lift for the tacoma? oh, and can we see a bigger pic of your truck? i want to see the way it sits on frame...
Hey man what I did was put on a 1 inch body lift on top of a 3 inch body lift alone with a 2.5 inch spacer lift. It sits good and looks hottt
untitled.JPG

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
why didn't you go all out and stack 2 3" BL's? I'm sure it would be much safer than putting a 3" ontop of a 1"...

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
wow that body lift combo is questionable....I really say take off the 1" body lift and run 285's until you have more money and then if you really wanna spend money to go bigger get a 6" suspension with 3" body and run bigger meats, regear, etc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brost said:
what tires you planning on running some tire run smaller then others
I plan on running mickey thompson mud terrains on 16x10 helo rims

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tennesseetacoma said:
wow that body lift combo is questionable....I really say take off the 1" body lift and run 285's until you have more money and then if you really wanna spend money to go bigger get a 6" suspension with 3" body and run bigger meats, regear, etc
ha ha why would I take off lift from my truck that is stupid. its not hurting a thing and by the guy at Pro Trucks Inc did it and told me that it would cause no problem and make people jealious. HAHA guess it did. I will be doing a 6 inch fabtech suspension shortly and im going to leave the 4 inches on there so that way it will give me 10 inches of lift along with the spacers that give me 2.5 inches of lift totaling 12 inches.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
pgrah1986 said:
ha ha why would I take off lift from my truck that is stupid. its not hurting a thing and by the guy at Pro Trucks Inc did it and told me that it would cause no problem and make people jealious. HAHA guess it did. I will be doing a 6 inch fabtech suspension shortly and im going to leave the 4 inches on there so that way it will give me 10 inches of lift along with the spacers that give me 2.5 inches of lift totaling 12 inches.
Wow man, why you always gotta be such a joker. You really think people telling you 4" isn't safe is because they are jealous? Just because Mr. Pro Trucks Inc. is trying to sell you more product doesn't mean it's fact..:rolleyes:

If you are dead set on running your 37's and expecting everyone's panties to get wet when they see you coming down the road, do the 6" fabtech as you mentioned, plus 3" spacer or coilover + 3" of BL. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Jealous of a hack-job lifted 4cyl with no flex...

nah, not me. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Back to the original question, I don't think you will be able to fit those tires unless you cut up your fenders or get fiberglass fenders.
Is you truck going to ever see offroad time or no? If so you should stick with a smaller tire...OR SAC but that takes a lot of money but 37's would at least fit and your truck would perform...
Should wait until you have money for the regear, that's an awful big tire to be running on a 4cyl with stock gears.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Well on the plus side, if you ever get in a wreck.. you'll be safe inside the truck cab. You sure as **** won't be sitting anywhere near the chassis of your truck, but you'll still probably be unharmed in the grass :looney:

Why not stay with the 3" body lift, save your money and get the fabtech lift ordered. Then we'll talk about whether or not we think it's a good idea to run 37x13.50x16 on stock gearing and a 4 banger.

·
Registered
121 Posts
pgrah1986 said:
Hey bud thats for the reply but what do you mean by cut outs or fiberglass beds? I really dont want to spend alot more money. but i know they will look sooo hottttt what do you think about waiting 6 months before a gear change?
I have 35's on my Taco with the same engine and it lags to say the least....BUT the thing will go a couple of months no prob. you will however lose 5th gear if its a standard.I've been runnin my 35's for bout 6 months now with stock gearing and you can definitly feel the clutch goin out,that being said I really need a new clutch and gearing.But when the money is tight you do what you gotta do

1 - 20 of 33 Posts