Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is a cool place to buy c-notch? c-notch and c-section is the same thing right? is it a do it yourself thing or u gotta go to a shop? do u need it for the djm 3/4 kit...or only if you pull a leaf with the kit? can i get info. thanks everybody!

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
c-notch, c-section, same thing, basically putting in an arched support bottom frame section and cutting out half of your frame from over the axle to allow more room between axle and frame. From what I've been hearing you might want one with just the DJM kit as you might bottom out some especially with stock shocks, and you definitely need a notch to pull a leaf and do the 4" blocks together (as i'm going to do)

unless you basically have your own shop, it's no do it yourselfer...depending on whether you get a bolt on or weld on c-notch you may need to weld the piece in and at the very least you will need a plasma cutter to remove the unwanted section of frame.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Several people here have asked about my c-notch. I have a c-notch, not a step notch like you can see in the tech section of this site. Go here to see the type of c-notch I have----><a target="_blank" href=http://www.sparechangemagazine.com/features/cnotch.html>http://www.sparechangemagazine.com/features/cnotch.html</a>

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Not real sure on that one. I lowered mine about 2 1/2 yrs ago and don't remember what order I did what. I posted somewhere about using a rubber piece as a bump stop instead of the stock ones until you can do a c-notch.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Did you look at the link I posted? The c-notch just takes a small section of the frame out. It does not go above the frame so you don't have to cut the bed. A step notch has to go through the bed.(unless you raise the bed floor)

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
I would say no. This is a very common mod. If it were unsafe, people would not be doing it for so long.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the DJM 3/4 kit on my 01 xtra cab and I don't bottom out at all. I did how ever remove my bump stops. I drove it from San Antonio TX. to San Deigo CA. And it drove smooth. Before I forget I did replace my stock shocks with new DJM shocks. I want to put air shocks inthe back soon they are sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
130 Posts
you can get a good cnotch from chassis tech. I got mine from there and raised it up quite a bit. I have a 2001 and my gas tank lays on the ground with a mini truck notch from Chassis Tech.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts