Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
www.pikfabrications.com , im not sure about anyother people....but they have cheap prices on bag kits and access. He usually sells on ebay and i've seen some notches go pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Removes a section of frame in order to provide the axle with more room to travel up and down. You cut out a c-shaped section of frame then reinforce what's left with more steel.
You can also do a step notch which is just as it sounds. The frame is redirected into a step shape to provide much more clearance.

Pic of a step notch:

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I got my notch done for $300 total, including the parts and labor. There's a local guy who's just starting out trying to get his name out in the world. He showed me the work he had already done on his F-150 and I was really impressed, so I did it. It's been the best thing I could have possibly done to my truck after doing the DJM 3/4 kit. It rides SOO awesome in the back now. I would reccommend a notch to ANYONE who does the 3/4 kit..if they're having ride quality problems in the back.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
my ride is great in the rear, I pulled my factory bumpstops and put in tire strips there, I never bottom out unless I hit a good dip or bump in the road while doing over 50mph or so, I have a 4" drop in rear and I'm still on stock shocks! I want to go another 1" or 2"s so I'll notch it then, won't have an option that low! I wouldn't bother unless you bottom out regularly, but if you do, you'll sure be glad you had the work done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
update to 2021 pricing lol

paid about 120 for my c-notch plate kit from rohde fabrications and had a fabricator friend weld it on for 400...a local business quoted me 450 to remove the bed (which i did myself and saved me cashola!) and 750 to cut out my frame and weld in the c-notch plates...so there you go lol well thats my area (nor cal)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts