Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone hit my truck while i was at work it dented the front bumper, so I went to order a new bumper I decided to go with parstrain, I ordered a 1997 Toyota Tacoma SR5 6 Cyl 3.4L front bumper. I got the bumper in today noticed on the packaging was stamped 2WD on it opened it and sure enough it had holes for turn signals...So after all that my question is there any year model that a 1997 Toyota Tacoma SR5 6 Cyl 3.4L has this bumper?

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
I'm not understanding this ... :shrug:

What year is your Tacoma? Your Profile says 1999. If that's true, why did you order a bumper from the previous (1995.5 - 1997) generation? Have you done a front clip conversion?

No - no 1995.5 - 1997 Tacoma front bumper had turn signal holes in the bumper itself. The turn signal holes were in the valance below the bumper.

I can't tell enough from the photo to confirm that's a Tacoma bumper.

·
Registered
758 Posts
..So after all that my question is there any year model that a 1997 Toyota Tacoma SR5 6 Cyl 3.4L has this bumper?

You should have just specified it was for a 4x4 if you wanted the bumper without the turn signal cutouts

There were 3.4L 6cyl 1997 5 lug Toyota Tacomas that used the pictured bumper. However, I'm not sure if there was a 5 lug "SR5" between 95-97

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enola, I did do a conversion to the 96-97' bumper, i like how it doesn't stick out as far as the 99'. As far as the 4x4 I was under the impression that the SR5 trim was a 4x4/6 lug.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
Toyota hasn't always used the 'SR5' designation in the same way ...

From 1995.5 through 1997 the label 'SR5' was used to designate a model grade that was only listed for 4X4's with V6's in Toyota factory sales literature.

Effective with the 1998 model year 'SR5' was used to designate any of multiple option packages rather than model grades, and these option packages were available on both 5- and 6-lug Tacos with either engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts