Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lowered my Taco 4" in the back with blocks.And its really bumpy.Is there any way to stop the bumpness?besides cutting the bump stop?Will Shocks help?I don't want to pay for a new leaf spring.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Haven't lowered my truck yet but I'm assuming that a set of shocks would cure the problem and you should probably go ahead and replace the stock bump stop with an old piece of tire or somthing (it is explained in the TECH Section).

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you dont wanna do leafs in the back, shocks should help. Try regular shocks first, then if that doesnt help much try some air shocks. Then if all else fails, save some money and get some bags.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I dunno about 4inch... but I have a 2 inch blocks on mine and had the same problem.. All I did was change the shocks to Bilstien and now fine.. I am sure the slammed Taco would say use Toxic shocks from what I am hearing... hey I would like to know too.. I plann dropp it even more... Will air bags be good for performance handling???

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
Definately remove the stock bump stop. You are probably sitting on it or close to it giving you no suspension travel. Refer to the tech section for an easy and cheap fix. Try this first, then get better shocks if you want to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.