Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm in a bit of a blunder right now. I would highly appreciate someone's advice from someone who has done this modification with these specific seats or has a good idea on how to make it work. I bought some seats from 04 Scion Xb because they were in decent condition and fairly cheap because I wanted to do the bucket seat swap instead of having a bench seat. I got around to it today and my friend and I ran into a problem where we couldn't figure out how to do the swap properly. We simply thought we could cut off the feet from both seats and then weld the feet from the bench seat onto the Scion seats and it would be good to go. But, we weren't sure as to how that would work because we cut only the feet off from the Scion seats and place them in the truck to see as to how it would sit, but it looked strange. I'll provide pictures to demonstrate what we cut and which feet we're talking about and where the holes in the interior are. Thank you! And, just for reference, the red circles are for the feet and the holes, and the blue circles are for the seat belt mount.

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,575 Posts
The bench seat uses fewer (and at at least one or two different ... ) holes in the Taco floorboard than the ones used for two OEM bucket seats.

The alternative holes designed to accommodate factory bucket seats should be pre-drilled in your floorpan (and plugged).

The most straightforward (though inconvenient) way forward would be to get a pair of compatible OEM bucket seats, remove the bases, and mount / weld the OEM bases to your Scion buckets.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,575 Posts
Oops! Almost forgot ...

Welcome to CT! :waytogo:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bench seat uses fewer (and at at least one or two different ... ) holes in the Taco floorboard than the ones used for two OEM bucket seats.

The alternative holes designed to accommodate factory bucket seats should be pre-drilled in your floorpan (and plugged).

The most straightforward (though inconvenient) way forward would be to get a pair of compatible OEM bucket seats, remove the bases, and mount / weld the OEM bases to your Scion buckets.
I apologize for the late response, but thank you for your advice! My friend and I realized that the installation wasn't going to be straightforward, and we're going to end up doing some fabrication work and make custom brackets for the seats, so if the time ever comes, then we'll be able to unbolt the seats and install new ones. I wish the installation was more straightforward, but maybe I'm only saying that because it's my first custom job that I've done. Thank you again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts