Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever i go to brake in my 93' pickup, my whole truck starts to raddle and shake... the shaking is pretty rough... i just recently had a brand new brake system installed so im not sure if its that or not... i had the front left wheel jacked up today and i was able to wiggle the wheel back and forth about 1/4 inch side to side... my brake fluid is full... and ive had my pop stand outside and watch for anything in the wheel wen i come down the street.... he didnt see anything so im pretty confused at this point..... anything i can do to stop this problem?? it feels like my car is about to fall apart on me...

thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
mntbiker2008 said:
Whenever i go to brake in my 93' pickup, my whole truck starts to raddle and shake... the shaking is pretty rough... i just recently had a brand new brake system installed so im not sure if its that or not... i had the front left wheel jacked up today and i was able to wiggle the wheel back and forth about 1/4 inch side to side... my brake fluid is full... and ive had my pop stand outside and watch for anything in the wheel wen i come down the street.... he didnt see anything so im pretty confused at this point..... anything i can do to stop this problem?? it feels like my car is about to fall apart on me...

thanks
What do you mean you had a new system installed? like calipers, rotors,etc. or did you just have new pads and have the rotors resurfaced, you might want to take it back to the shop that did the work.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im pretty sure... the lines were changed because the moron mechanic didnt cut the old lines off all the way... rotors... im pretty sure everything was changed...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok if you have a vib. it could be warped rotors, or drums, or it could be that whoever did the work left your front wheel bearings loose. i have a 1971 torino that did that to me, i thought the vibe was from warped rotors but it was really loose wheal bearings.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now where would i find those and how hard is it to fix that problem?? is it fixable at all??(obviously im not the guy that works on his car alot)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think he is... they arnt hanging down or anything... but when you get under the truck.. you can see where they were... and yes.. i know i posted in multiple places... my bad...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Haaaaaaaa when i mash on the gas just a little hard i hear this loud whine under the hood and ha and ha and this loud sound screeching sound and a lota smoke coming from the rear ?:silly:

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
sounds like your rotors are warped.

it has been discussed and debated, and ultimately agreed that REPLACING the rotors is a much wiser course than RESURFACING them.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Proteus503 said:
sounds like your rotors are warped.

it has been discussed and debated, and ultimately agreed that REPLACING the rotors is a much wiser course than RESURFACING them.

good luck!
LOL I'm just being sarcastic under hood is the supercharger whine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts