Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
You'll be fine.....they bite great. There are a lot of options out there. My experience was great with the EBC Greenstuff pads. Just dont get the Reds.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
CBRBob said:
Whats the reds?
EBC denotes its different series by color ....

Black = Basic OEM replacement
Green = 'Sport Compound' for more initial braking effect and fade resistance
Red = Ceramic, supposedly designed for street racing
Yellow = High friction / heavy duty - recommended for trucks with larger wheels and / or heavy loads

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AZSCTACO said:
You'll be fine.....they bite great. There are a lot of options out there. My experience was great with the EBC Greenstuff pads. Just dont get the Reds.
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AZSCTACO said:
Sorry to be a pain.

Are they better than the TRD ones? What are the differences?

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
TRD pads are the same as Performance Friction pads. Or at least used to be. You can get them at Autozone with lifetime replacemnt. Cheaper than TRD for the same performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
George4drV6 said:
They have to be hot to function properly. You wont maintain the proper heat on the street for them to be optimal, BUT in a racing environment they will stay hot and functional.

In my experence, cramic pads will work just fine on your vehicle. I replaced my stock pads a couple of weeks ago with Dura-Last Gold ceramic pads from Auto Zone and my truck stops great with them. If fact it stops better now than it did with the stock pads. It took a little getting used to because they stop the truck quicker now when I have to hit the brakes quick in traffic.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I live in the mountains and need all the breaking i can get but before i sold my kidney;) to buy the stoptec big brake kit i used the ebc yellow stuff with brembo cross drilled rotors and they worked great better than stock for me TILL THE UP GRADE but the ebc yellow stuff pads smell like rotten fish!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
RevHard6 said:
TRD pads are the same as Performance Friction pads. Or at least used to be. You can get them at Autozone with lifetime replacemnt. Cheaper than TRD for the same performance.
:exactly:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts