Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stock semi-metalic pads are fine. I just replaced the pads on my 2003 doublecab two weeks ago with Dura-Last Gold Ceramic pads from Autozone and they stop the the truck very well. You also get less brake dust build up on your wheels with ceramic pads. The ceramic pads with a can of brake parts cleaner cost me just over $40.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I live in the mountains and need all the breaking i can get but before i sold my kidney;) to buy the stoptec big brake kit i used the ebc yellow stuff with brembo cross drilled rotors and they worked great better than stock for me TILL THE UP GRADE but the ebc yellow stuff pads smell like rotten fish!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Well ya gotta look at it this way, you get what ya pay for in performance. Ask your self do you want a lame half ass local part store pad? Or a track tested performance pad that grip and you know that you can ride that soccer moms $70,000 SUV's ass and know your not going hit her is she break checks ya and do you have the performance to cut that bitch of when there's an opening. Well EBC is the number one pad with the performance world. not you grampus local part store pad with the warranty :lol:

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Stock, their designed for all around reliable performance with the least amount of brake dust.. Anything metallic seems to lessen the life of the rotors.. Im running cross drilled / slotted rotors with stock pads..

Works great.. But the difference is that I dont drag race, autocross or top speed the thing.. I just drive it.. LIKE I STOLE IT:evil:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Chris D. said:
Stock, their designed for all around reliable performance with the least amount of brake dust.. Anything metallic seems to lessen the life of the rotors.. Im running cross drilled / slotted rotors with stock pads..

Works great.. But the difference is that I dont drag race, autocross or top speed the thing.. I just drive it.. LIKE I STOLE IT:evil:
I do the same thing :evil:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have run two sets of T.R.D. pads and they seem to last twice as long and seem to brake better as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Usually the pads that they say last for two years is a lot harder material and instead of buying pads you will be buying rotors. That smell you are getting is probably just the smell of the ASBESTOS getting grated away by your cheese grater Brembo rotors.

·
lurking around
5,557 Posts
i have drilled and slotted rotors and just replaced my pads with the Raybestos Ceramic QS pads....brakes just fine. May try the EBC ones next. But you have to know what your driving needs are. if you are stock, daily driving, and not a speed demon oem or local parts store pads will be fine.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
okay so ebc or hawk??? and which model for each company is good? ceramic?

i need stuff to stop my bigger tires lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts