Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
got a chiltons or a haynes manual? its pretty simple. all you need are: two people, a big bottle of brake fluid, and a 10mm wrench (for tacos).

behind each wheel, there is a bleeder nipple (10mm). you want to top of the fluid resivior, have your buddy pump the brakes up then hold the pedal down, then you open and close the bleeder nipple for a second. repeat until all / any air has been purged from the lines.

repeat for each wheel.

you'll probably want to use a catch can of somesort. you can use small diameter vacuum line to connect to the nipple, and route it to an empty coke / pepsi bottle.

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
To step it up. Lets say you'r the only person on an island and you wanna bleed the brakes. What 1-person bleed kit works best?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
-take cover off brake fluid reservour
-Loosen bleeder screw
-put tubing on bleeding screw
-put other end of tubing into filled brake fluid bottle
-pump brakes until no air bubbles are visible in tubing
-tighten bleeder screw
-take tubing off bleeder screw
-repeat for other side
-fill up resevour to max line when finished bleeding

·
Registered
688 Posts
tacomaman said:
-take cover off brake fluid reservour
-Loosen bleeder screw
-put tubing on bleeding screw
-put other end of tubing into filled brake fluid bottle
-pump brakes until no air bubbles are visible in tubing
-tighten bleeder screw
-take tubing off bleeder screw
-repeat for other side
-fill up resevour to max line when finished bleeding
Does that method really work? Never tried it that way before. Only the method others described as well as gravity bleeding, where you just loosen all the bleeder screws and let them drip for about 30 min. or so while checking the level ever 5 min. or so.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
camacho said:
how do u bleed ur brakes?
I just bled my brakes last week with the old mightypump vacuum. All my bleeder valves were clogged. I ended up having to drill them to get fluid to flow through them. Don't forget to bleed the proportioning valve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts