Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay...i'm about to lose some cool points on a stupid question again....what EXACTLY is bottoming out? explain please...

D

·
0 Posts
Well, just put it this way.... If you're truck is slammed, watch out for those speed bumps.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
The way I look at it there are two things that can be meant by the term "bottoming out." First would be where a part of your truck actually hits the ground (or speed bump.) Second would be if like a part of your vehicle (such as the rear axle) smacked against another part of your vehicle (such as the frame.)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay...well, i've been using the term kinda loosely then. well, this is my problem. i still have my stock bumpstops in the back. i lowered the back 3" using blocks. i'm gonna lower it another inch using 4" blocks. should i take out the factory stops and leave it empty or....cut 'em shorter? i notice that the rear axle does hit the bumpstop once in a while and i'm figuring that when i lower even more...it'll happen twice as much. how should i go about doing this?

·
Registered
760 Posts
StReeTaCo31, anytime you lower a rear of a truck you MUST lower the bump stops because there's no room for your axle to travel. if you go lower them 4" you need to notch it.

inacoma, you should at least put something where the stock stops were, put a pair of flip flops or something
, because when you do hit that big pot hole on i-5 your your axle is gonna mess up your frame. metal on rubber is cool but metal on metal! yiiiiiiikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts