Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got around to shooting a couple quick videos of my Borla Catback. In the one from inside the truck you can hear my Volant too. I really like how it sounds. It's not too loud but enough you know it isn't stock. I only had 200 miles on the truck when I installed it so not sure about performance gains or mileage increases but I suspect it wasn't much.

Here's a link to the vids
Outside of truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxKue15TU

Inside of truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0agFKEdnmQ

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed.. sorry bout that

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vtechthis said:
sounds pretty good. do you notice a in cab drown at abotu the 2500 rpm range?
No in fact you can't even hear it in the cab until about 3K or so.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Man I really want to do mine but im scared that it will be too loud inside. The girlfriend will be soo pissed off if that **** is too loud. She said she "would be embarrassed to ride w/ me" :lol:

Does an CAI make it even louder?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what your hearing..it might just be a distortion on the video.. digi cams aren't the best for sound. Dankone if your worried about noise steer clear of an intake. The exhaust itself is pretty quiet in the cab compared to like a flowmaster or magnaflow. .

·
Registered
64 Posts
dankone said:
Man I really want to do mine but im scared that it will be too loud inside. The girlfriend will be soo pissed off if that **** is too loud. She said she "would be embarrassed to ride w/ me" :lol:

Does an CAI make it even louder?
Are you a man or a mouse? Who cares what she likes??

·
Registered
27 Posts
wow nice sound... anybody know if the trd exhaust for the 05+ 4.0s sound anything like that?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
x1andy said:
wow nice sound... anybody know if the trd exhaust for the 05+ 4.0s sound anything like that?
I can't confirm this but from everything I've heard it's the same exact exhaust. I think Borla makes it and they slap a TRD logo on it and charge you a couple hundred more bucks for it. Someone correct me if that's way out in left field.

·
Registered
27 Posts
UKMyers said:
I can't confirm this but from everything I've heard it's the same exact exhaust. I think Borla makes it and they slap a TRD logo on it and charge you a couple hundred more bucks for it. Someone correct me if that's way out in left field.
well i dont know about charging a couple hundred bucks for the TRD logo hehe but everywhere ive looked the Borla exhaust seems to be more expensive by $100 or more then the TRD.

·
Registered
64 Posts
dankone said:
hey man... when the womans isn't happy no one's happy
yeah, thats true!! I should know, Ive been married forever!!:D BUT, I do whatever I want to my truck though!!

·
damn
6,533 Posts
that sounds awesome! i wonder if it will sound the same on my 3.4?

·
Registered
82 Posts
UKMyers said:
That used to be the case in preveious years but not anymore. On 2005+ models the Borla exhaust is actually more expensive than the TRD. Kind of hard to explain without the pics (I can't seem to find any) but the TRD design features more of a cylindrical looking muffler where as the Borla is more of the flat, square shape like the majority of mufflers out there. Not sure if there's much of a performance or sound difference between the two, but I'm going for No.

Back to the Borla, its a great system and it sound awesome on thr 4.0. Nice performance growl when you want it, but not real obnoxiously loud or rasp. In otherwards, I think it would get the girlfriend seal of approval :waytogo:. Another thing to note, quite possible the easiest system I've ever installed (but granted its the first and only 05 Tacoma exhaust I've put on).

·
Registered
18 Posts
UKMyers said:
The TRD exhaust is not made by Borla. It's made by Bosal. If you look at the actual muffler it should say Bosal somewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts