Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5x100mm front wheel drive chrysler vehicle and I along with many other people they were able to bolt up wheels from a 70's era Dodge Dart ,Demon, Swinger type rally wheel which were 5 x 4.5 bolt patttern and they physically bolted up properly..

I've heard about people bolting up 5x4.5 on their 5x114.3 taco mini's

So the million doller question is will a 5x100mm bolt up to out Tacos?
It doesn't sound quite right, but I just had to throw that out there..

thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
Re: Bolt pattern interchangability?

Chris D. said:
I have a 5x100mm front wheel drive chrysler vehicle and I along with many other people they were able to bolt up wheels from a 70's era Dodge Dart ,Demon, Swinger type rally wheel which were 5 x 4.5 bolt patttern and they physically bolted up properly..
The 70's darts, demons, and dusters didn't have the 4.5 inch pattern. It was like a 4 inch The roadrunners, superbees, chargers, and cars like that had the 4.5 pattern. The old rally wheels from chrysler had the two different bolt patterns. I think this is what is confusing you. I had a 71 Demon a few years ago and the factory Rallies from my old Road Runner would not fit it. That is when I learned of the smaller pattern of the darts and demons.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,885 Posts

I've seen a few aftermarket rims listed as being able to be fitted on both 5X100 and 5X114.3 hubs. I'm not sure how they do this - at least one wheel I saw like this appeared to have multiple bolt holes (more than 5). Others seemed to just have 5 larger or slotted bolt holes.

In most cases, though - the 5X100 and 5X114.3 patterns are sufficiently different to prevent transplants ...

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts

i certainly would not trust slotted holes, but multiples may be an option.

·
Registered
704 Posts

Slotted holes used to be common on the older mag wheels like crager and keystone wheels. Then you had to use offset oblong washers on the lugnuts to fit inside the slotted hole.

·
Registered
150 Posts

they just have two patterns drilled into the rim.. thats y most *tuner* rims have 10 holes instead of 5... two different patterns

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

hmmm I know the cars I listed are the small bolt pattern and thats what everyone called it when I had my 71 Demon 340..

I googled mopar wheel bolt patterns to get that 5x4.5 info..

could be wrong.. I dont know exactly what the small bolt pattern is..
I bought my old car with centerlines, I sold it with em..

I do remember what was called the big bolt pattern on 73 or 74 and newer on A body cars..

Hell, I remember the reverse pattern setups where one side would be threaded opposite than standered..

·
Registered
704 Posts

Chris D. said:
hmmm I know the cars I listed are the small bolt pattern and thats what everyone called it when I had my 71 Demon 340..

I googled mopar wheel bolt patterns to get that 5x4.5 info..

could be wrong.. I dont know exactly what the small bolt pattern is..
I bought my old car with centerlines, I sold it with em..

I do remember what was called the big bolt pattern on 73 or 74 and newer on A body cars..

Hell, I remember the reverse pattern setups where one side would be threaded opposite than standered..
The small pattern (A bodies) is 5 X 4" and the big pattern (B and E bodies) was 5 X 4.5"

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts

that looks.....pretty.....good....for a neon, i guess.:shrug:
i'm down with old school!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts