Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I did a 3 inch toytec suspension lift last weekend, and tomorrow were doing a 3 inch body lift on the taco, just wondering any tips or tricks anybody have, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
1) keep your parts/tools as organized as possible
2) Mark any wiring harnesses that you disconnect with some yellow flagging or somethin along those lines so you remember to reconnect everything
3)Make sure everything is supported safely and securely
4) Have fun breaking bolts and extending your fuel line

good luck man:waytogo:

·
Registered
352 Posts
George4drV6 said:
Oh, the best tip which will save you TONS of headaches is to not put it on.
Somehow I knew this advise was going to come up when I saw the thread title. . . I know it's probably not the response that the original post is looking for, but I have to admit that if I could go back, I would not have put on a body lift myself. . . .

It's nice because of course you can fit bigger tires without rubbing and it's also a way to gain more clearance on the approach and departure angles without raising the entire center of gravity (since the engine, tranny, etc. don't get lifted) . . . . But on the down side, it removes the strength of the bumpers (for towing, winching, or anything else), and it puts an unattractive gap between the body and frame. So it's a personal choice, I guess. . . . For me personally, I wish I had done my whole lift with a proper suspension lift. But it's sort of too late . . .

Well, the only hitch I had when I was installing it was with the gas line extender. The Performance Accessories Kit didn't come with the diameter of hose needed. I think they supplied 1/4" but 3/8" was need if I remember correctly. . . . So I had to go Kragen and buy the right hose. . . . Other than that, everything else is very straight forward . . . . I second the suggestion to keep all your bolts/nuts organized. We actually put them in separate little piles with small paper labels sitting on each pile to remind us which step each pile of bolts belonged to. It made it much easier to put them all back. . . .

I hope all goes well with that!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Azbill109 said:
Hey all, I did a 3 inch toytec suspension lift last weekend, and tomorrow were doing a 3 inch body lift on the taco, just wondering any tips or tricks anybody have, thanks a lot!
REMOVE YOUR GAS GAP... common sense but if forgot it will cause extra problems you don't need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts