Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I am looking to do a body lift kit but can only find some for the 1995-2000 frame.

Can you guys link any others?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,232 Posts
(1) Welcome to CT!

(2) I'm not aware of any changes to the frame that began in 2001. There's no mention of frame changes in the 2001 model year "new features" documentation, and the factory collision repair specs for frame locations and distances are listed for all years from 2000 through 2004.

The 2001 - 2004 models (other than the S-Runner) sat taller than the 1995.5 - 2000 models, but this increased overall height resulted from different tires and suspension components (e.g., shocks and leafs).

Bottom Line: I can't absolutely prove there's no difference from the available factory documentation, but I can't find any clues why a lift kit for a 1995.5 - 2000 5-lug Taco wouldn't work (and install the same way) on a 2001 - 2004 model.

Performance Accessories appears to be the source / manufacturer as well as the vendor for the kit. I recommend you call them and ask if there's a reason the 1995.5 - 2000 kit wouldn't work on your 2001.

Reactions: FMTPS

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
There were a few changes between 2000 and 2001 that have affected aftermarket parts fitment, but the changes I know of shouldn't affect your body lift. Be aware that the frame is different as noted below, which means other parts of the frame may also be different:
  • Front bump stop extender as welded onto the frame. People that installed the defunct Eibach lowering springs that were designed for pre 2001 models had to cut off this extender because the springs rubbed on it
  • longer leafs from 2001 onwards, so the frame leaf mounts are further apart
  • the mounting holes in the frame for the s-runner rear anti-sway bar probably does not exist on pre 2001 models

I think there were a few other changes noted in this forum, but my memory is fading. Inspect your body lift kit for proper fitment before installing.

·
Registered
97 2.4l extra cab manual trans #🌮⏳
2,198 Posts
Wanna say its the front body mount changed a bit for the first body to chassis spot. Suggest looking into the oem replacement part numbers for like a 97-99 then your 01 and see of the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts