Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I called BlackTrax today and got in touch with Natalie and Jei... Well not directly with Jei but I got the low down on how this meet is going down...

I want to start with the good news first, and that is that they'll be willing to work a weekend of our choice to setup this meet... With all good news, we have a bad...

We're ONE person short of making the group deal... (well one person as of current)... We need 5 in all so in reality 4 since I'm 1 of 5...

We have 4 people that need PSC1 tuning and we only need a 5th willing to pay for a dyno...

Anywho, here are the prices we're looking at... IF we get more people, I'll see if they want to work it down even lower...

$60 - 3 Dyno runs
$100 - Labor / hour dyno tuning...

Vs. Individual rates of

$80 - 3 Dyno runs
$185 - Labor / hour dyno tuning...

We are in need of a laptop though... They should have a wideband for us to use, but I forgot to ask and I'll do so again when I call them with a head count from this thread...

It would be nice if we can get two laptops incase we run into complications... It's just better safe than sorry, so if any of you have a laptop available please bring it just incase... (charger and junk too if you can)

Now, the meet can be on a weekend so I think we should aim for end of this month or first week of Nov...

The place to be will be at BlackTrax in Milpitas... http://blacktrax.net

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So lets get a rolling name list going and what you would want to do when you get there... Please add your name next to the date, then maybe in what your involvement would be when you show up that day...

(PSC1 Tuning / Install) Make sure you either have this installed or have one on order if you are picking this option, also please reserve enough $ for the tune...

(Dyno runs) This means you're willing to shell out $60 for 3 runs on their dyno... Make sure you are commited before you choose this option...

(Meet and Greet) The free option... Come out and see a few trucks on the dyno, talk to some fellow CT-zens, just hang out... Choose this if you have nothing better to do on either date...

Oct - 28:
KAuss - (PSC1 Tuning / Install)

Nov - 4:

Please PM me for any questions... Please state if you're going to bring a laptop for the meet also... I'm usually pretty bad at setting things up for meets haha, I guess I did good today :D

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
im supposed to do some Habitat for Humanity on the 28th but if need be i can nix it. Anyway...

November 4- PSC1 Tuning/Install

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oct - 28: Saturday 12 noon

Nov - 4: Saturday 12 noon
Xacto - (PSC1 Tuning / Install)

P.S. I forgot about time, it would be best if we can be there around noonish, or earlier... I'll try to be there before 12 just to see what happens that day whichever it becomes...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nov - 4: Saturday
xue-runner - ( PSC1 Tuning / Install)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Nov - 4: Saturday
xue-runner - ( PSC1 Tuning / Install)

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Ka man, I can add myself to the list, for the dyno at least (since I've never dyno'ed my truck)....I wanna see how much hp does not make...:evil:
As far as lap top, I do have one (Sony slim top) but it has a remote CD/ DVD/ RWD hardware (and at times, it runs like junk)....so, since Jei is gonna tune your truck guys...I don't know if he'll like my lap top.
Now the bad news: I know for a fact that Jei and Natalie, Aki, and Sunny are gonna close the shop for a week at the beginning of November....we are all going to SEMA.
So....either the 28th or after the 4th (I believe), or after that...:shrug:

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh good ish man... I'm going to have to change the date... I totally forgot about that... Nice save man...

Nov - 11: Saturday

Everyone please reschedule sorry :(

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
KAuss said:
Oh good ish man... I'm going to have to change the date... I totally forgot about that... Nice save man...

Everyone please reschedule sorry :(
I am sure they (Natalie and Jei) told you !....:lol:
I think the 28th is fine...:shrug: ...at least with me. I'm always available on the weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Add your name to both then... I talked to Natalie and she said just let her know ahead of time... Big bad on my stupid self to forget you told me you're going to SEMA with them...

I'll add your name lol... BTW reply to my PM dude...

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Alex B. - (Dyno runs)
UKMyers-(PSC1 Tuning/Install)

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)
UKMyers (PSC1 Tuning/Install)

I have a brand new laptop that I'll bring. I'm not sure what my work schedule will be like that far out but I'll be follwing this thread closely!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Alex I'm glad you got me in touch with Aki... he wrote me wanting to see the install and the truck- so you might have another BlackTrax member... I'll hopefully hear from them soon!

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
damnit! :brickknoc rescheduling in effect! i can make the Oct. 28 now...wont we have to dyno to tune with the psc anyway?

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)
UKMyers-(PSC1 Tuning/Install)
Xacto- (PSC1 Tuning/Install/ Dyno Runs)

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)
UKMyers (PSC1 Tuning/Install)

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, I have to reschedule the dates because of what happened yesterday...

Natalie forgot to mention about their trip to SEMA and I only remembered when Alex reminded me... So in light of that, I called them again and tried to ask for specifics of how they're going to schedule us...

For starters, Oct 28 is out as they will have problems fitting us in that day...

Nov 11 is still good for both of us...

Nov 18 is another date they want us to aim for...

We also have 4 PSC1 tuners confirmed right now... Brett might follow suit so that might make 5...

Now with Jim's unit, he only needs a tune so that should look real easy on his part... With the 3 or possible 4 others, we might need to be there on a seperate day to get install done but it is NOT in stone yet... As this thread grows, I'm going to keep contacting them to make it work for everyone...

I called Natalie like 3 times today haha, I hope they don't get sick of me yet haha... If it gets really complicated, I'll go down there myself and work it out with them in person...

As of right now, I'll redo the list AGAIN for the addition of Nov 18 and we'll at least keep that up to date before I get all the answers from BlackTrax... Natalie can only give me the simple answers and most of which she still have to consult with Jei... So once we get it all worked out, we can solidify things...

P.S. Alfred you wanna come by for a meet and greet at least? Maybe check out the garage while you're there?

P.P.S. Xacto, Dyno tune means they tune your vehicle ON the dyno, so it should be included... As we get closer to the date, I'll start pulling more #'s on how many hours they might expect to do one truck (I might even go there myself first and let them experiment on me then when the meet happens, we should have smooth sailing)... Also, clear your damn PM box son!!! I'm assuming you can't make Nov 11? If you can please show it in the new dates...

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nov - 11: Saturday 9am, no later than noon
Alex B. - (Dyno runs)
UKMyers - (PSC1 Tuning/Install)
hapazero - (Dyno runs) **Will bring wideband / laptop no charger 2.5 hours battery life**

Nov - 18: Saturday 9am, no later than noon

For everyone that signed on for the 11th, I kept it the same, if you CAN make it on the 18th also please show in the list thanks...

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Thanks Alex B !:applause: ....:lol: ......it looks like more and more people are turning to Black Trax....(that means even more hook up for me, thanks Aki and Jei)...which at this point is almost free...:evil:
I'll see Aki tonight, and go the shop tomorrow...we will see...

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm calling you tomorrow Alex...

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)
hapazero - (Dyno runs) **Will bring wideband / laptop no charger 2.5 hours battery life**

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)

kapazero you ok on the 18th?

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
OK lol now i really hope this is the final schedule! I can actually do nov. 11 it's just that i was signed up to do habitat for humanity for the 28th and 11th, so ill just cancel the 28th. And ya...i was gonna say, i really hoped they werent gonna try to ghetto rig our asses and just ride shot gun and tune the ****in thing while we drive lol. Anyhoo....

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)
Xacto- (PSC1 Tuning/Install)

Alex B. - (Dyno runs)

1 - 20 of 197 Posts