Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so.. this summer i replaced my old shocks with new Bilstein HD fonrt and back. The font is about .5 to 1 inch higher. That does not look normal to me. are the front shocks adjustable or is it possible that i was sent the wrong parts. its to late now anyways but i am not sure if this will cause a problem mechanically or if it will just look a bit odd. I am anal about stuff like that so it bugs me. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
sydeshowbob said:
Ok, so.. this summer i replaced my old shocks with new Bilstein HD fonrt and back. The font is about .5 to 1 inch higher. That does not look normal to me. are the front shocks adjustable or is it possible that i was sent the wrong parts. its to late now anyways but i am not sure if this will cause a problem mechanically or if it will just look a bit odd. I am anal about stuff like that so it bugs me. Any suggestions? Thanks
Did they fit right at both mounts? Do you bottom out? Are you rubbing them any were?

If not your fine

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
sydeshowbob said:

I dont think a shock can change your ride height. Unless its a coilover and you replaced the whole thing.:shrug:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They fit tine.. not problems with bottoming out, and as far as i can tell - no rubbing... where should i look for that (any place particular). i do know the front is slightly higher.. kinda like when you look at the older 4runners and you can notice the front sits a little higher. Thanks again

·
Registered
835 Posts
sydeshowbob said:
They fit tine.. not problems with bottoming out, and as far as i can tell - no rubbing... where should i look for that (any place particular). i do know the front is slightly higher.. kinda like when you look at the older 4runners and you can notice the front sits a little higher. Thanks again
is the shock and coil together because the only thing I can think of is the coil not being seated properly when you changed them... Dont worry about the shocks its obviously not a problem

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The coil is the original one from Toyota, so when they were installed - it could be possible that they are not sitting correctly. is there any way i can tell? I did post this in the wrong forum as i have the prerunner TRD, but i figure it should be ok.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The billies are gas charged and they do push the truck up,My truck did the same thing.When you got the shocks they are extended and when you push them down with your hands they go back up.Think how easy it is to lift your truck a 1/2 inch or so by just pulling up on the fender.My bilstiens are in my basement.You might be able to space the bottom shock tabs down by getting longer bolts and a stack of washers/ spacers,or put them in your basement and buy better shocks - not gas charged. good luck

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
wow i cant imagine shocks lifting the truck? thats cool. Or you can just wait until the shocks settle, or go offroad and beat on them a bit :D

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
sounds like they just need to settle to me. when i installed my kyb monomax's they lifted my front end a little too. in a week or so it'll sit normal again.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I had mine in for 9000 miles and drove like my ass was on fire and they never went down ,oh wait they did go down - in the basement .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help, i will just roll with them.. and maybe replace them some other time. Thanks agian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts