Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey im looking for the 97-2000 prerunner/4wd billet grille.

i found one for 120 bucks. the t rex model, is it an insert or the whole chrome shell with the billet bars? do i need the stock grille for the insert? i was looking at the stock one at a shop and noticed the black bars can't come off. do i have to cut it out and put the insert in? or the grille already comes with the chrome border and billet?

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
noelsmykuya said:
hey im looking for the 97-2001 prerunner/4wd billet grille.

i found one for 120 bucks. the t rex model, is it an insert or the whole chrome shell with the billet bars? do i need the stock grille for the insert? i was looking at the stock one at a shop and noticed the black bars can't come off. do i have to cut it out and put the insert in? or the grille already comes with the chrome border and billet?
ya gots to cut out the "black bars." It's a solid grill that after you cut the bars out will "insert" <-heh into your current shell...

so... no, it doesn't come with the chrome border... it's just the grill itself that you'll put in place of the stock "black bars."

I think that's right.....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody have a step by step tutorial with pics of this? what do i need and how do i cut them out without messing up the chrome border or making it look sloppy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts