Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ehh 18ish. I have 2.5 of lift, and 32's . And I know that the best way to get better effiecincy would be take off lift and smaller tires. But i'm not doing it!

·
Registered
354 Posts
tyotertacomer said:
Ehh 18ish. I have 2.5 of lift, and 32's . And I know that the best way to get better effiecincy would be take off lift and smaller tires. But i'm not doing it!
not going to get much better then that.. Watch your driving light on the gas and easy on the brake.. a cat back will help but very little and will take year or two to make up for the price of it. check tire pressure often.. and some have gained and some lost on the deckplate mod but it might be worth the try. RED

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Thought you were gonna say 10ish. 18ish is pretty damn good. Keep those tune ups in line. You have to pay to play.

·
Registered
7 Posts
man 2.07 for gas that's nothing compared to out here in southern cali, i paid 2.59 for regular at a 76 station. oh about the mpg you could always try those nifty tornado fuel savers as seen on tv, lol just kidding. but serioulsy if you can afford an intake or maybe a drop in K&N filter for the factory air box (i'm not sure if they make one or not). Either one should improve your mpg as long as your not jumping on the gas constanley

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
GreenBean said:
Gas around here is about 2.07. If that's killing you now, you better have the lube handy for summer lol
wtf we allwase have cheep gas on the reservation, you must be na running 89, i haveto run 93 or more

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
tyotertacomer said:
Ok ppl, gas is killing me! What is the best and more impotantly CHEAPEST way to get better mpg's?

Thanks
Get one of these.. You can live in it so you can park close to work..

Attachments

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
Chris D. said:
picture was taken from my work truck in Stockton CA "The All American City"
Sort of reminds me of Cheech and Chong.

Anyways, if you're getting 18 MPG now, the only thing you can really do is to watching your driving habits. Avoid excessive idling, revving, or stop and go traffic. Avoiding short trips to the store and walking or riding a bicycle won't help with MPG, but will help you with gas money.

·
Registered
868 Posts
ha i wont across the street.

but then again i fill up every three days.

·
Just Tryin' To Live
5,302 Posts
scottmc said:
man 2.07 for gas that's nothing compared to out here in southern cali, i paid 2.59 for regular at a 76 station
Just went back to jersey for the weekend to visit, paid 1.99 at a Valero and in my home town paid 1.91 at Exxon... AND WE DON'T PUMP OUR OWN GAS!

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
tyotertacomer said:
Ok ppl, gas is killing me! What is the best and more impotantly CHEAPEST way to get better mpg's?

Thanks
That is a great question......I'm very surprised it hasn't been asked before.

Since yesterday........:brickknoc

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
tyotertacomer said:

Thanks
Do you use your truck as a truck everyday or purely a too and from vehicle?

Maybe a second 4 banger car is in your future?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts