Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
any links to good quality aftermarket bumpstops front and rear? energy suspension doesnt make them for my tacoma from what i can see

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
checkout mjb taco on instagram. Hes got a new product, low profile rear bump stops. Also you can get stepped bump stops with 3/8 stud for the front. You can trim them to make em shorter or add 3/8 washers to make taller. energy suspension 9.9101G

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
checkout mjb taco on instagram. Hes got a new product, low profile rear bump stops. Also you can get stepped bump stops with 3/8 stud for the front. You can trim them to make em shorter or add 3/8 washers to make taller. energy suspension 9.9101G
yessir just ordered the rears from mjbtaco now, and thanks for the tip on those front ones!

·
Registered
2001 SR5
6 Posts
Continuing the dead horse beatings... New to posting on the taco forum/ownership and I'm looking for the best all-around 2/3-3/4 ensemble for my daily driver/road trip 01' 2.4 ex-cab (only has 95k). After many hours scraping through every forum I could find I figure I either need a JDM, Belltech or QA1 setup. Priority #1 - ride quality, appearance and handling would be nice but I'd like to keep her riding smooth for long travel. Might run 205/60r16s(?) or whatever you'd suggest. Need help pulling the trigger on a kit/configuration and be done with it. Thanks you dudes for the vast wealth of experience and sorry for this incredibly redundant query.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
Welcome to CT!

It sounds to me as if ride and usability are more important to you than looks.

Generally speaking, the more radical (lower) the intended stance is, the harder it is to preserve decent ride quality and the ability to carry any substantial load in the bed.

My first impression is that you may well be better satisfied with a mild 2/3 drop than a 3/4 drop.

Do you expect to be carrying any substantial loads?

Reactions: Rybread

·
Registered
2001 SR5
6 Posts
Thanks, Enola. I've been leaning towards a 2/3. I might load up some mulch or gravel a few times a year but no super heavy loads on the regular. Pretty sure it has the original and worn out suspension so anything would be a handling upgrade.

Would the 443 belltech kit with different shocks be a good all around setup? As I've been reading it seemed everyone is between kyb gas adjust, bilstien or belltech short shocks with the 443nd kit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Continuing the dead horse beatings... New to posting on the taco forum/ownership and I'm looking for the best all-around 2/3-3/4 ensemble for my daily driver/road trip 01' 2.4 ex-cab (only has 95k). After many hours scraping through every forum I could find I figure I either need a JDM, Belltech or QA1 setup. Priority #1 - ride quality, appearance and handling would be nice but I'd like to keep her riding smooth for long travel. Might run 205/60r16s(?) or whatever you'd suggest. Need help pulling the trigger on a kit/configuration and be done with it. Thanks you dudes for the vast wealth of experience and sorry for this incredibly redundant query.
after driving a couple weeks on my djm 3/4 kit, i gotta say the ride is vey decent and i dont see a problem on long travels (but hauling loads in the bed might be an issue). just got the low pro bumpstops and i dont even think i need them (but i will still put them in because i have them anyways) just get the correct shocks for the drop and the low stance shoudlnt be an issue for a daily driver in my own opinion

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
in this pic, i let my dad use my truck since he was visiting from hawaii (im in cali). in this very pic there were 4 adults in the truck (they were driving off) and when my dad got to where he wanted to be i called him and asked him how the ride was and his only complaint was that he couldnt get the gas filler door unlocked. he didnt mention anything about the ride.
2EAFD2FF-E895-40B7-8F18-DD1BE19999F2.jpeg

·
Registered
2001 SR5
6 Posts
Looks like it has a really nice stance. Do you ever have issues with Tire rubbing? I'm under the impression that the shock distance remains stock with JTM which would maintain stock ride comfort?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Looks like it has a really nice stance. Do you ever have issues with Tire rubbing? I'm under the impression that the shock distance remains stock with JTM which would maintain stock ride comfort?
from what ive heard yes you can use stock shocks..its only recommended to get shorter shocks. so far, i cant recall any tire rubbing, but i havent driven it hard into turns or anything

·
Registered
2001 SR5
6 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I won't be drifting to the grocery anytime soon so looks like that shouldn't be an issue. Any good shock recommendations? And, just for fun, what difference or issue would I run into between JTM vs belltech?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks for the advice. I won't be drifting to the grocery anytime soon so looks like that shouldn't be an issue. Any good shock recommendations? And, just for fun, what difference or issue would I run into between JTM vs belltech?
i got the calmax shocks that were recommended by DJM and they are great so far. i cant really give an opinion on belltech vs DJM (assuming you mean DJM not JTM?)

·
Registered
2001 SR5
6 Posts
20 days later... Got some gas-a-justs to replace my 19yr old shocks and holy hell! Had no idea what I was missing. Picking up some black 17" IS300 wheels tomorrow and wondering how big a tire I can reasonably fit once I install the DJM without rubbing. No drifting in my future, just want to maintain the current smooth ride

21 - 35 of 35 Posts