Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey man anyone near the Bay Area want to hook me up with tuning a PSC1? I know a few guys in the bay that might want to get in on this too, but no one has any leads... I don't know any tuners around me that I can trust to do a good job...

I'm probably willing to drive quite a bit if someone knows what they're doing can help out... Anyone with a wideband that wants to help out a fellow CT-zen?

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Come down here Ka man, it's worth the drive. Contact Jei at Black Trax, you won't be disappoint it (I promise)...:waytogo:
www.blacktrax.net....tell them, I send you....:D ...they might give you a discount...:D ...or kick you really hard on your sack....:D .
j/k...PM me if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How's about I get the part and you go down there with me? You know what kinda $ they might charge me?

I don't mind driving down there, and heck lunch on me or whatever... I just want to get it done right...

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Yeah, you can come over to my house...then we can roll there (it's super close...:waytogo: )...plus I know one of the owner...:waytogo: (that helps...:lol: ).

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
tam said:
Don't forget to give him props for that Acura they worked on in the latest Super Street. Brownie points.
....if you have to mention a magazine, at least mention the right one ! It wasn't Super Street (gee, I hate those fools :brickknoc )....it was Import Tuner...:lol:
Yeah, give some props to Jei, and Aki, and you'll have a three-some...:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alex and I are still working out the details... When things are set we'll see if we can make it bigger, but it's still on teh drawing boards right now...

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PMs sent, thanks in advance hapazero...

Xacto, I sent you one as well...

·
pho sho!
3,316 Posts
Alex B. said:
....if you have to mention a magazine, at least mention the right one ! It wasn't Super Street (gee, I hate those fools :brickknoc )....it was Import Tuner...:lol:
Yeah, give some props to Jei, and Aki, and you'll have a three-some...:lol:
LOL, my bad. I work at SFO and they only sell Super Street in the stores there. It was my friends iTuner I was reading. :bow:

Anyway, I know the cover model :loveeyes:. Have an autographed copy on my desk haha.:runaway:

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
tam said:
LOL, my bad. I work at SFO and they only sell Super Street in the stores there. It was my friends iTuner I was reading. :bow:

Anyway, I know the cover model :loveeyes:. Have an autographed copy on my desk haha.:runaway:
She's fugly...:puke:...I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...:lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been looking for a tuner in the Sac area.. I'd be willing to drive down there if I knew it was gonna be done right. That's been the only thing keeping me from getting the PSC right now is worrying about some dumbass leaning my truck out too far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
KAuss said:
Hey man anyone near the Bay Area want to hook me up with tuning a PSC1? I know a few guys in the bay that might want to get in on this too, but no one has any leads... I don't know any tuners around me that I can trust to do a good job...

I'm probably willing to drive quite a bit if someone knows what they're doing can help out... Anyone with a wideband that wants to help out a fellow CT-zen?
I know a guy in San Francisco that can tune your truck. He is a bad ass! He tuned my Super Charged S-Runner. He didn't even study the software or anything. Just glanced over the instructions, fired up my laptop hooked up a wideband, went driving for a few hours and all I can say is Damn, my truck is fast!!!!!!

He used to race professionally for about 3 years and tunes many of the cars in the race scene Very Fluent in Motec, Haltech, Autronic, Electromotive, etc... and now U-Tune.

Send him an email. [email protected] Tell him Tom sent you... Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tom89 said:
I know a guy in San Francisco that can tune your truck. He is a bad ass! He tuned my Super Charged S-Runner. He didn't even study the software or anything. Just glanced over the instructions, fired up my laptop hooked up a wideband, went driving for a few hours and all I can say is Damn, my truck is fast!!!!!!

He used to race professionally for about 3 years and tunes many of the cars in the race scene Very Fluent in Motec, Haltech, Autronic, Electromotive, etc... and now U-Tune.

Send him an email. [email protected] Tell him Tom sent you... Good Luck.
I might save this email for future reference :D I'll owe you one Tom when I pick my a 2nd piece of toy and need a retune :D

I'm kinda leaning towards getting a before / after dyno sheet too with the tune so I can see some #'s... It would be a nice thing to share too...

I'm going to call Alex's shop suggestion tomorrow and see where that takes me, if not then it's nice to know there is someone near home...

Know what that guy will charge by chance? Also does he have all the needed tools to tune, wideband, laptop etc...

UKMyers, PM sent, I hope we can all make it on the day and get TUNED :D If you haven't ordered the part yet, please do so now so it'll be there hopefully in time to be tuned by the end of the month :waytogo:

·
Registered
64 Posts
KAuss said:
I might save this email for future reference :D I'll owe you one Tom when I pick my a 2nd piece of toy and need a retune :D

I'm kinda leaning towards getting a before / after dyno sheet too with the tune so I can see some #'s... It would be a nice thing to share too...

I'm going to call Alex's shop suggestion tomorrow and see where that takes me, if not then it's nice to know there is someone near home...

Know what that guy will charge by chance? Also does he have all the needed tools to tune, wideband, laptop etc...

UKMyers, PM sent, I hope we can all make it on the day and get TUNED :D If you haven't ordered the part yet, please do so now so it'll be there hopefully in time to be tuned by the end of the month :waytogo:
KAuss, he has everything you need. You will probably have to give him the software, or my suggestion is you install the software on your own laptop if you have one and bring it. He has a Wideband, but you will have to have an O2 Bung welded in at minium. I actually had my own wideband, so I made it easier for him. He is very knowledgeable and has worked with the best. He has worked on just about every kind of race car you can think of. Well maybe not every, but I know he is really into imports. He is not one of those all honda guys. He has an EVO, and is fairly known for Supras, a 7 sec. RX7 and I don't know what else....

You should drop him an email to introduce yourself. I will give him the heads up. He is a really cool guy and loves to cars go fast. He prides himself on making your car run better. I am going to take him and my truck to get some solid numbers also. I know he is a Dyno certified Tuner from EFI101 also. So he really knows his sh*t. Maybe you and UKMyers can set something up with him? We traded work for the tune, I know he usually charges a lot for professional racers, but they can afford to pay the big $. Knowing him, if you are cool with him, he will not charge that much, a lot of guys was always call him for advise when we were kicking it. He'll be very affordable, just be cool to him and most likely he'll ask whatever you can afford.

Let me know if I can help.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it seems we got a meet going at Black Trax for this particular meet... I'll definitely contact him for future work or just to ask particular questions...

Since I'm local he'll be a great person to get to know :D

If Black Trax can't accomodate us, maybe we can set something up with him...

I'll let you know what happens Tom... Thanks for the heads up :waytogo:

·
Registered
64 Posts
No problem, If you are going to Black Trax, at least they have a Dyno, but it looks like they charge $185 per hour to tune for you. Let me know how that goes. I might have to bring "Fastgoodies" with me to rent the dyno and have him fine tune it. There are several dynos near SF, but for some reason, they don't like trucks on them.

Let me know when you go and maybe I will ask "Fastgoodies" (Dave) if he want to check it out, just to meet you all. He's always down to meet serious performance dudes.

KAuss said:
Yeah it seems we got a meet going at Black Trax for this particular meet... I'll definitely contact him for future work or just to ask particular questions...

Since I'm local he'll be a great person to get to know :D

If Black Trax can't accomodate us, maybe we can set something up with him...

I'll let you know what happens Tom... Thanks for the heads up :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn another guy named Dave that knows his ish... Yeah if you can please bring him :D

I'm going to request maybe a day set out just for us to do a group dyno or something... Hopefully they'll like the idea...

I'm going to post a new thread and update EVERYONE that is interested on that day... Keep an eye out...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do me a favor and send me a PM when you set this up as I am not alway on the forum. Maybe he can help do tuning if you set up a dyno day, especially since he is familiar with R4 software.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts