Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i forgot where i was when i found this site, but its really nice. I own a 2001 S-Runner and i was wonderin...... is there anyway to take the tranny from a pre-runner and slap it on the s-runner?? set it up somehow to have all wheel drive all the time in stead of shifting (2,4H,4L). this way i could hook up better off the line and when i get my supercharger( no i didnt get it from the factory but it is coming, oh yes, it is coming) i wont sit there and just roast tires. thanx, i hope someone can help answer yes or no.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Um.. you mean tranny from a 4x4? Prerunners are 2WD.

If you notice, the 4x4 sit high for a reason - there's way too much hardware to mount up front for it to sit low enough.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the TRD Supercharger installed and don't really have a hard time hooking up when I put it down. I do have 17x8 with good rubber which helped traction immensely. I am looking to get an LSD for the rear, which would help to put the power down. I think all wheel drive would be a little overkill.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Make sure its the no-slip and not the lockright. The lockright is mainly for offroad. Its creates a loud bang when coming out of a turn. Not good for the driveline.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so, you guys think that awd would be overkill if it could be achieved hunh?? hmmmm and how well does the supercharger do throughout the gears. is it pretty stong all over or are there any gears where it kinda lacks enough you can tell?? what rubbers do you run on yer 17's im gonna need tires in a little bit anyway,( i have 185xx mi on the truck and have had it for 6 mos) and i was thinkin about rims at the same time. so i want to get prepared with proper sized rims to accomodate the supercharger

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm running 235/45ZR-17 Fisk Phantoms on my TSW VX1 17x8's. I had never heard of Fisk before, but I got the whole deal at America's Tire (Discount Tire) Co. The rubber was $112 a piece. They are great! Sticky enough for great traction, but not too soft as to wear down quickly. I'm definitely happy with the combo. Just looking to save up for that LSD and lowering suspension for better handling. As far as the charger goes, it pulls in every gear. My favorite is in Third getting onto the highway. No to mention you get instant power in the middle of a gear when you mash the gas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The frame on the 4x4 and pre-runners are different than our mini-tacos.. Won't work...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts