Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, there are a lot of products out to stop traffic cameras from getting a clear picture of your tags when you (accidentally) run through a light too late, or get caught (accidentally) in a speed trap. But what is everyone using? What works best?

I bought a can of Rustoleum semi-clear reflective coat for lights that flash before taking the picture (but wont help if it takes then flashes), and for a few bucks its way better than spending $30 for the high-gloss clear-coat stuff they sell online. And of course, there is always the ever-so-simple visual obstruction by ball-hitch. And then I saw this contraption http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS1eW3QlaQM

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
You might as well not drive with front plates... They can't use a rear shot because they have to prove you were in the driver's seat for them to ticket you...

If you're worried about getting a ticket for no plates, the truth is you're going to get a ticket blocking the plate with anything anyways...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Us lucky Floridians don't have to have front plates, but then again everyone and their mothers run lights here, I though California was bad

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
You don't have to worry about the red-light camera's in Virginia....they were "de-activated" a while back. The cameras are still in place, but they cannot give you a ticket because of those pictures anymore.

If you are going in and out of D.C. on a regular basis than I can see your dilema (I swear their speed cameras are completely inacurrate).....and if you find something that truly works I will be impressed.

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts
i'm working on something similar to that, but am having trouble with finding a decent supplier. i'll keep you posted when i finally have some success with my endeavor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the best thing I could think of to avoid trouble from the cops for obstructions and plate covers, etc.. is to simply increase the glare and reflective properties of the plates, so any flash, headlights or sun rays that catch it should decrease the chance of the camera getting a good shot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you can try what i did.... just drill the plate under the car (onto the front skid plate).... so you cant really see it, unless you bend down and really look....

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i have yet to put a front plate on my truck an di live in socal. also in my home town we have the cameras but i think they have also been deactivated and replaced by a new system which uses a light on top of the signals so a near by cop can see if the signal is red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts